Ganguly expects India to bounce back against EnglandAugust 8th, 2011 - 4:25 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Aug 8 (IANS) Former skipper Sourav Ganguly has backed the Indian cricket team to bounce back in the ongoing Test series against England.
India have lost the first two Tests in the four-match series. The third Test will begin at Edgbaston Wednesday.
“Of course, I expect India to bounce back. There are still two more Test matches and for India to come back and draw the series 2-2 would be great,” said Ganguly, who was here at a promotional event Sunday.
Ganguly said it would be difficult for India without Zaheer Khan, who has been ruled out of the series with hamstring and ankle injury.
“It is a big challenge for the team. India have lost Zaheer Khan who will out of action for a long time. But at the same time, it is an opportunity for some of the other players to stand up and deliver.”
Ganguly also praised captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
“Dhoni is a very good captain. The job of leading the Indian cricket team is very tough. When a captain leads his team to a victory, people praise him but the same captain is hauled up when the team performs badly. Dhoni should be given more space,” he said.
- India will come back strongly in Sydney: Ganguly - Dec 30, 2011
- Injured Zaheer could miss most of the England series - Jul 22, 2011
- Zaheer's injury, a sign of excess cricket, say ex-skippers (Lead) - Jul 22, 2011
- India can draw inspiration from Nottingham win four years ago (Preview) - Jul 28, 2011
- Zaheer ruled out of England series, RP returns - Aug 07, 2011
- Zaheer's injury, a sign of excess cricket, say ex-skippers - Jul 22, 2011
- Vaughan predicts a 4-0 whitewash of India - Aug 08, 2011
- England dislodge India from No.1 Test ranking with crushing win (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- India should learn to live without Zaheer: Sourav - Sep 22, 2011
- Let us accept we were very ordinary: Ganguly - Aug 13, 2011
- India must clear cobwebs in mind and play fearless cricket: Ganguly - Jan 12, 2012
- Golden debuts in 1996 gave India teeth to fight overseas - Jul 18, 2011
- We can still turn it around: Dhoni - Aug 02, 2011
- Indian cricket team leaves for West Indies - Jun 01, 2011
- Ganguly concerned over India's showing abroad - Oct 20, 2011