Gangjee in lead at BILT Open golfDecember 26th, 2008 - 9:38 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, Dec 26 (IANS) Rahil Gangjee took over as the leader at the end of second day’s play in the BILT Open golf at the Jaypee Greens Golf Resort here Friday.Gangjee (66, 69) had the best overall score of nine under 135 among the 60 players who managed to finish the second round. Mandeo Singh Pathania (71, 69) totalled four under 140 to be placed second. Pathania fired six birdies against three bogeys to end up with a 69.
Start of play was delayed by three hours and forty minutes on day two due to the morning fog. Once the second round got underway at 11 am, twenty-one professionals who had not completed the first round Thursday, also resumed play.
The delayed start meant only the first session of round two could be completed on Friday. Only 58 professionals out 118 were able to finish round two.
Gangjee, who was placed second after round one, dropped a stroke when he bogeyed the 14th. He then went on to sink birdies on the 18th, second, fifth and seventh to close the round at three under.
“I struggled with my putting on the first nine today. The putts started falling in after the birdie on the 18th. I also hit it better on the second nine. I think I’ve been trying a bit too hard of late and that hasn’t helped. But now I will not expect too much from myself and will just concentrate on the task at hand,” said Gangjee.
Harendra Gupta, Mohammed Siddikur Rahman and C. Muniyappa are tied third at three under 141 while Ashok Kumar, Sujjan Singh and Feroz Ali Mollah are a further stroke behind in tied sixth. Kumar’s hole-in-one on the par three 14th was one of the highlights of day two.
Anirban Lahiri, the first round leader, is still very much in contention as he was three under in the second round after having played 10 holes. His total stands at ten under at the moment. Lahiri sank birdies on the 12th, 15th, 16th and first and dropped a bogey on the 13th in round two.
Jeev Milkha Singh, who completed nine holes from the second round, was also three under for the round with the help of birdies on the first, second, fourth, eighth and a bogey on the sixth.
- Lahiri moves to tied sixth in Selangor Masters - Aug 05, 2010
- Gangjee best Indian at tied 13th in Queen's Cup golf - Jun 20, 2010
- Ajeetesh, Jaini finish third and fourth at Sail Open golf - Mar 25, 2011
- Lahiri moves to top, Malik close second in BILT Open golf - Oct 29, 2010
- Lahiri one behind leader Prayad at Queens Cup Golf - Jun 16, 2011
- Gangjee, Kapur share lead at Kensville Challenge Golf - Jan 27, 2012
- Lahiri leads pack at SAIL-SBI Open golf - Feb 23, 2012
- Smriti lies 42nd at Thailand Ladies Open golf - Feb 08, 2012
- Hedwall wins Women's Indian Open golf, Sharmila top Indian - Dec 11, 2011
- Indians big bid for top honours in Panasonic golf - Apr 07, 2011
- Lahiri fires 69 to take lead - Aug 09, 2012
- Harendra takes lead in Haryana Open golf - Sep 24, 2009
- Jyoti Randhawa leads DLF Masters - Sep 17, 2010
- Gangjee takes one-shot lead in Kensville Challenge - Jan 28, 2012
- Maharashtra Open: Mane shoots 65, takes lead - Oct 26, 2011