Gangjee best Indian at tied 13th in Queen’s Cup golfJune 20th, 2010 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
Samui (Thailand), June 20 (IANS) Rahil Gangjee brought home his best card of the tournament and finished tied 13th, while Himmat Rai was tied 18th in the Queen’s Cup golf tournament here Sunday.
Gangjee ended with a two-under 69 for an aggregate of two-under 282, which made him one of the three golfers finishing 13th and pocketing $ 4,518 each. Rai finished two shots behind, having carded one-under 70 in his final round.
Among others, Digvijay Singh (287) carded 69 to finish tied 30th, seven strokes ahead of fellow Indian Mandeo Pathania. Anirban Lahiri (296) finished tied 60th after going two-over 73.
The winner was Japan’s Tetsuji Hiratsuka who claimed a superb second victory of the season after a heroic last-hole birdie.
The 38-year-old Hiratsuka drained a 12-foot putt at the par five 18th hole for a closing four-under 67 to edge out local hero Thaworn Wiratchant by a single shot after a pulsating final round at the Santiburi Samui Country Club.
- Hiratsuka wins dramatic playoff at Black Mountain, Chowrasia 40th - Dec 19, 2010
- Lahiri best Indian at tied ninth in Myanmar Open - Apr 10, 2010
- Lahiri finishes tied eighth, Que wins title at Selangor Masters - Aug 07, 2010
- Lahiri one behind leader Prayad at Queens Cup Golf - Jun 16, 2011
- Gangjee, Kapur share lead at Kensville Challenge Golf - Jan 27, 2012
- India's Himmat keeps joint lead in Philippine Open Golf - May 13, 2011
- Lahiri tied second at Selangor Masters, Gangjee 14th - Aug 04, 2010
- Chowrasia slips in third round, unknown Thai takes lead - Dec 18, 2010
- Lahiri slips to 8th, four Indians make cut at Queen's Cup golf - Jun 17, 2011
- Bhullar moves to sixth in Macau Open golf - Sep 12, 2009
- Gangjee takes one-shot lead in Kensville Challenge - Jan 28, 2012
- Bhullar rises to 11th, Lahiri up to 15th in Jakarta - Jul 24, 2009
- Lahiri moves to tied sixth in Selangor Masters - Aug 05, 2010
- Himmat in joint lead at ICTSI Philippine Open golf - May 12, 2011
- Solid start for Himmat, Chowrasia at Black Mountain Masters - Dec 16, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,