Gagan’s father says more to comeJuly 30th, 2012 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 30 (IANS) After rifle shooter Gagan Narang gave India its first 2012 Olympics medal in London Monday, his elated father B.S. Narang said this victory will boost his morale to win more medals.
“Now, I will tell him to prepare for the next event, ‘aur jeetna hai abhi’ (there is more to win),” said the senior Narang, referring to the two more events his son will be participating in at the ongoing London Olympics — 50 metre rifle prone and 3 positions.
Narang won the bronze medal in the 10 metre air rifle event being held at the Royal Artillery Barracks in London.
“We expected gold but it is still a very good achievement,” the senior Narang told reporters here.
“The Olympics medal was missing from his kitty. He has got it now. This will boost his morale for the future events,” he added.
- Olympic shooting: Narang to take stance amid high expectations - Aug 02, 2012
- Narang's bronze will motivate Indian athletes: Maken (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- PM congratulates Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Narang's medal will inspire other Indian athletes: Maken - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympic shooting: Narang, Rajput fail to qualify - Aug 06, 2012
- You make us proud: Sachin lavishes praise on Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympic: Narang misses 50m rifle prone qualification, Karmakar in - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympics: India hope to get lion's share from the ranges (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- Olympics: Pistol shooter Vijay Kumar wins silver; India gets second medal (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympic shooting: Curtains over India's successful campaign (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Olympics: Vijay Kumar gives India second medal from the ranges (Second Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Andhra announces Rs.50 lakh cash award for Gagan - Jul 31, 2012
- Andhra governor congratulates Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: President congratulates Vijay on winning silver - Aug 04, 2012
- Narang emerges out of Bindra's shadow (Profile) - Jul 30, 2012