Gagan Narang wins World Cup bronzeApril 10th, 2009 - 5:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) India’s Gagan Narang won the bronze in 10-metre air rifle event in the shooting World Cup in Changwon, South Korea, Friday.
Gagan was eighth and the last to qualify for the final after he shot 594 out of 600. In the final round, he shot 102.7 for a total of 696.7 and finish third behind the Chinese pair of Zho Qinan and Cao Yifei, according to information received here.
Qinan won the gold with a tally of 700.3 (597+103.3) while Yifei took the silver with 698.6 (595+103.6).
Among other Indians, Sanjeev Rajput finished seventh with 695.4 (595+100.4) points while P.T. Raghunath could not enter the final as he shot only 591.
- Happy to start the season with a medal: Gagan (Lead) - Apr 10, 2009
- Bindra wins silver in Asian Airgun Championship - Oct 19, 2011
- Asian Games shooting: Narang helps India win two silver - Nov 13, 2010
- Rajput wins silver in shooting World Cup - Mar 24, 2010
- Narang shoots double gold in Asian Air Gun - Dec 18, 2009
- Asian Championship: Bindra wins gold beating close rival Zhu - Jan 13, 2012
- Rifle shooter Narang bags bronze in Beijing World Cup (With image) - Apr 19, 2010
- Olympics: India pins hopes on shooters Abhinav, Gagan - Jul 29, 2012
- Asian Games: Gagan Narang shoots a silver double on opening day (Intro Round Up) - Nov 13, 2010
- Shooter Narang opens medal count for India, wins bronze (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Asian Games: Narang shines on day one, Bindra, Rajput unlucky (Evening Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Asian Games: Narang gives India double silver on opening day (Roundup) - Nov 13, 2010
- Asian Games shooting: India's rifle shooters miss gold by a point (Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Narang wins bronze in shooting World Cup - Apr 14, 2008
- Asian Games: Indian shooters win silver, badminton teams lose (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 13, 2010