French driver Sebastian Loeb wins Acropolis RallyMay 28th, 2012 - 3:12 pm ICT by IANS
Athens, May 28 (IANS) World champion Sebastien Loeb of France won the Acropolis Rally for third time in the history of the four-day so-called “Rally of Gods” in Greece, and recorded his fourth victory in six rallies for this year’s world championship.
Loeb drove his Citreon car in 4:42:03 overall time from Athens to Loutraki in Peloponnese Sunday in one of the toughest races internationally with rocky roads, retaining a lead over his Finn team mate Mikko Hirvonen who ranked second, reported Xinhua.
Ford driver Jari Latvala was third, while his team mate Norwegian Petter Solberg, who was regarded as Loeb’s main opponent in the 58th Acropolis Rally, was unlucky, since he crashed into a tree, tearing off a wheel.
A total of 55 crews participated in the 2012 “Rally of Gods” covering a total distance of 400 km, as part of the overall 13-round World Championship this year.
- Loeb wins Rally of New Zealand - Jun 24, 2012
- Sebastien Loeb wins his 6th Mexican Rally - Mar 12, 2012
- Loeb wins Argentina rally title - Apr 30, 2012
- Castrol ranking: Karthikeyan best among Indian drivers - Jan 15, 2010
- Filipe Albuquerque Wins Race Of Champions Title - Nov 29, 2010
- Red Bull's Vettel wins European Grand Prix - Jun 27, 2010
- 'Black don't crack' Hamilton aiming longer F1 stint than even Schumacher - Mar 26, 2011
- Two more Indians head to Asia Pacific Rally Championship - Jun 10, 2011
- Sixth edition of mountain cycling competition ends in Shimla - Oct 31, 2010
- Team MRF hope to score with Skoda - Mar 29, 2012
- Nepal cyclist wins Himachal mountain biking event - Oct 30, 2010
- National Rally Championship: Master class from Gaurav Gill - Nov 18, 2011
- Naren Kumar poised to make history - May 29, 2008
- Olympic Flame reaches Acropolis for handover ceremony - May 17, 2012
- Sainz leads Dakar rally - Jan 07, 2010
Tags: acropolis, acropolis rally, athens, citreon car, finn, ford driver, french driver, jari, latvala, norwegian, opponent, petter solberg, rallies, rocky roads, sebastian loeb, sebastien loeb, team mate, third time, world champion sebastien, xinhua