France played much better than England, says EvraJune 12th, 2012 - 5:21 pm ICT by IANS
Donetsk (Ukraine), June 12 (IANS) French defender Patrice Evra feels his team played better than England in the 1-1 draw in their Euro 2012 football opener at the Donbass Arena.
The Manchester United star said France, one of the tournament favourites, felt frustrated because they played much better than England.
“We are frustrated because I think we played much better,” Evra was quoted as saying by The Sun.
“At times it was like there were 15 bodies in front of us. It was really difficult to find space. People laugh but they played the way that Chelsea played against Barcelona. Maybe the fans want England to play more football, but if they win the tournament like that, they will be happy,” he said.
Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri, who found the equaliser for France in the 39th minute after Joleon Lescott had put England ahead on the half-hour, revealed he was happy to deceive his City team-mate Joe Hart to score.
“When Franck Ribery gave me the ball, the England defence was really low (sitting back). I decided to take a shot but Joe Hart knows me from Manchester City and knows that in that situation, I normally open my foot. This time I closed it a little bit so I am happy with how it worked out,” he said.
- France, England draw their Euro 2012 opener - Jun 12, 2012
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- I will take a penalty if needed: Hart - Jun 22, 2012
- Euro 2012: Welbeck flick gives England 3-2 win over Sweden (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Euro 2012: England win over Ukraine - Jun 20, 2012
- Carroll may start against France in Euro 2012 - May 30, 2012
- Euro 2012: Blanc hails Germany as role model for France - Jun 15, 2012
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Nasri abuses French journalist - Jun 24, 2012
- Gunners star Nasri says Man U has lost its aura - Dec 12, 2010
- Euro 2012: France get quarterfinal with 2-0 Sweden loss - Jun 20, 2012
- Manchester City draw Liverpool to maintain lead in EPL - Nov 28, 2011
- Man City's Lescott reveals how Rooney made him a double loser over weekend - Feb 15, 2011
- France seek World Cup redemption after Henry handball - Jun 10, 2010
- England should not feel ashamed for defeat: Lescott - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: barcelona, donetsk ukraine, england, equaliser, euro 2012, favourites, franck ribery, half hour, joe hart, laugh, little bit, manchester city, manchester united, midfielder, patrice evra, samir nasri, sun, team mate