Four seniors in Bangladesh A team for Windies tourOctober 25th, 2011 - 4:21 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, Oct 25 (IANS/CMC) Four players in the squad in the ongoing Test series against the West Indies here have been named in a strong Bangladesh A squad to tour the Caribbean next month.
Rokibul Hasan, Sohrawardi Shuvo, Shuvagoto Hom and Nasir Hossain have been included in a 14-man squad which will be led by top-order batsman Jahurul Islam.
Bangladesh A will leave on October 29 for the Caribbean, where they will play two four-day Tests, three One-dayers and two Twenty20s, starting November 5 in Antigua.
Chief selector Akram Khan said the tour would be a crucial one in the build up to the Pakistan series.
“We don’t have enough options in our hand and that’s why we have to pick some players from the national side,” said Khan.
“It’s a great opportunity for the players, especially for the young guys, to prove themselves in West Indies before the selection of the team for the home series against Pakistan.”
The players who are involved in the second Test starting here Saturday will join the players in the Caribbean afterward.
Englishman Stuart Barnes, an England Cricket Board elite bowling coach, is expected to be the head coach.
Jahurul Islam (captain), Mohammad Mithun (vice captain), Junaed Siddiqui, Rokibul Hasan, Robiul Islam, Sohrawardi Shuvo, Shuvagoto Hom, Nasir Hossain, Nasir Uddin Faruque, Kamrul Islam, Mominul Hoque, Nur Hossain, Shohag Gazi and Alauddin Babu.
- Bangladesh recalls Shahadat for Windies series - Oct 01, 2011
- Mortaza, Kapali recalled in Bangladesh ODI squad for Oz series - Mar 28, 2011
- Windies crash to 61, lose third ODI by eight wickets - Oct 18, 2011
- Asia Cup: Bangladesh recall Mortaza, drop Tamim - Mar 06, 2012
- Asia Cup: Bangladesh put India in to bat - Mar 16, 2012
- Davies drafted as cover for ailing Prior - Jun 07, 2012
- Touring West Indies under fire from English media - May 03, 2012
- Asia Cup: Bangladesh opt to field against Pakistan - Mar 22, 2012
- Offie Sunil Narine in Dwayne Bravo captained West Indies A - Nov 01, 2011
- Gibson staying out of Gayle-WICB fracas - May 03, 2012
- No Chris Gayle in West Indies squad for India - Nov 01, 2011
- Narine breaks into ICC top 20 - Jul 25, 2012
- Bangladesh Cricket Board director questions Shakib's axing - Sep 18, 2011
- West Indies bring back Darren Bravo for T20 World Cup - Aug 23, 2012
- ICC confirms squads for World Twenty20 - Aug 25, 2012
Tags: akram khan, alauddin, babu, bowling coach, england cricket board, gazi, head coach, hoque, hossain, kamrul, man squad, mithun, nasir, play two, second test, siddiqui, stuart barnes, uddin, vice captain, young guys