Four arrested with antique idols in DelhiOctober 26th, 2010 - 8:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 26 (IANS) Delhi Police Tuesday arrested four people from Prasad Nagar in central Delhi while they were exchanging a bag full of antique idols worth crores.
“Kuldeep, Rajesh and Remmy Alby were nabbed red-handed from Shamshan Ghat in Prasad Nagar. The other accused Harnarayan was arrested later after the three were interrogated,” a senior police officer told IANS.
Three idols, of Hindu gods Ram, Laxman and Sita, seized from the arrested men were submitted for inspection to the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), which confirmed that the idols were more than a hundred years old and worth crores.
“We are investigating where the idols came from, and whether the four were involved in other cases as well,” a police official said.
- Three held with antique idols - Oct 24, 2011
- Two arrested with antique idols - Jul 08, 2011
- Two held for smuggling of antique idols - Sep 10, 2011
- Two arrested with Rs.2 crore antique idol - Aug 02, 2011
- Antique worth Rs.1 crore seized - Mar 18, 2010
- Six held for bid to sell antique idol in Delhi - May 29, 2010
- Two arrested while trying to sell antique idol - May 10, 2010
- Court seeks action ASI report over mosque - Aug 24, 2012
- Two held with antique idol worth Rs.20 mn - Feb 09, 2011
- Three arrested with antique idol in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 06, 2010
- Two held with idols worth Rs.20 crore - May 27, 2010
- Three Delhi cops suspended for negligence - Apr 25, 2012
- Four arrested with Rs.5 crore antique Buddha idol - Mar 23, 2011
- Delhi Police seize antique statue - May 10, 2010
- Man arrested with Buddha idol worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 16, 2010