Forrest, Hussey guide Australia to 288/5 (Lead)February 19th, 2012 - 3:55 pm ICT by IANS
Brisbane, Feb 19 (IANS) Peter Forrest and Mike Hussey struck fifties in Australia’s daunting 288 for five against India in the seventh match of the ODI tri-series here Sunday.
Forrest (52) and Hussey (59) put up a century fourth wicket stand before David Hussey (26) and Daniel Christian (30) smashed 65 runs off 36 balls in the death overs to push Australia to a big total on a bouncy Gabba wicket. India were in control for major part of the innings but for the last 10 overs where Australia amassed 101 runs. Irfan Pathan took three wickets for 61 runs.
Australia, captained by Ricky Ponting in the absence of injured Michael Clarke, were off to a solid start with openers David Warner (43) and Matthew Wade (45) sharing a 70-run stand.
The duo of Forrest and Mike Hussey got together at 117 for three in 20th over and took the innings forward. Hussey collected six fours in his 52-ball knock which saw his signature strokes square off the wicket and short-arm pulls. Forrest, on the other hand, took some time to get into the groove before crossing the 50-run for the second time in his debut series. Both were dismissed in the 44th over, holing out in the deep off Pathan.
India, who bowled with discipline early on, became predictable towards the end with big-hitters David Hussey and Christian stepping on the gas. Christian hammered Vinay Kumar (0/60) for four consecutive fours in the second last over.
The Indians looked ragged in the field and dropped four catches.
Sachin Tendulkar was hit on the shin while fielding at the slips but was declared fit to bat in India’s chase.
- Australia outplay India at the Gabba (Roundup) - Feb 19, 2012
- Scoreboard of Australia's innings - Feb 19, 2012
- West Indies end five-year drought against Australia - Mar 19, 2012
- Hussey, Forrest steer Australia to 269/8 (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Gambhir, Dhoni help India pull off four-wicket win against Oz (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- Sri Lanka's thrilling win eliminates India from CB series (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Scoreboard: Australia's innings in tri-series ODI - Feb 26, 2012
- Jaded Windies lose opening T20 to Australia - Mar 28, 2012
- Scoreboard: India vs. Australia, seventh ODI - Feb 19, 2012
- Australia to rest Mike Hussey against India - Feb 11, 2012
- Jayawardene and Chandimal take Sri Lanka to top of table - Feb 24, 2012
- Warner, Hussey, Wade take Australia to 252/9 (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Australia bat against India in crucial tri-series match - Feb 26, 2012
- India's losing streak in Australia continues (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2012
- First Test evenly poised as 15 wickets fall on third day (Roundup) - Dec 28, 2011
Tags: david hussey, david warner, debut series, fifties, gabba, guide australia, michael clarke, mike hussey, odi, pathan, peter forrest, ponting, short arm, signature strokes, six fours, tendulkar, tri series, vinay, wicket, wickets