Formula One: Force India fail to score a pointJuly 29th, 2012 - 10:38 pm ICT by IANS
Budapest, July 29 (IANS) Sahara Force India failed to score a point at the Hungarian Grand Prix held here Sunday, with its drivers finishing 11th and 12th.
Former GP2 champion Nico Hulkenberg failed to earn the final championship point despite starting 10th on the grid, ending the race at 11th, 57.2 seconds behind race winner Lewis Hamilton of McLaren.
British driver Paul di Resta finished where he started, 12th, 5.6 seconds behind his teammate.
Di Resta is 13th in the driver’s championship table with 27 points while German teammate Hulkenberg lurks in 16th place with 19 points.
Force India’s hopes of of regaining the sixth place in the constructor’s championship took a knock after the race. They are placed eighth with 46 points.
The only Indian driver in Formula One, Narain Karthikeyan was the second retirement of the day apart from Mercedes’ Michael Schumacher. Karthikeyan stalled his car at turn four in the 60th lap of the race.
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes fourth in Belgium - Sep 02, 2012
- Di Resta earns four points for Force India - Sep 09, 2012
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes 9th at German GP - Jul 22, 2012
- McLaren lock front row in Italy - Sep 08, 2012
- Force India record season's best finish at Valencia - Jun 24, 2012
- Button wins in chaotic Belgian GP - Sep 02, 2012
- Button wins Australian GP, Force India's Di Resta gets a point - Mar 18, 2012
- Rosberg sets pace in second practice at Bahrain GP - Apr 20, 2012
- Hamilton charges to pole in Hungarian GP - Jul 28, 2012
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Vettel takes pole, di Resta 10th in Bahrain - Apr 21, 2012
- Force India finish out of points at British GP - Jul 08, 2012
- Maldonado wins maiden F1 race, Hulkenberg comes 10th - May 13, 2012
- Hamilton bags pole in Australia - Mar 17, 2012