Former Mahindra United footballer commits suicideAugust 7th, 2012 - 12:56 am ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Aug 6 (IANS) A footballer, with the now defunct Mahindra United football club, Monday committed suicide by jumping from the ninth floor of his apartment here, police said.
Police officials identified him as 25-year-old Hunair.
Hunair left a suicide note saying no one was responsible for his extreme step. In a message to his twin brother Adnan, he wrote: “Thanks brother, u have done a lot for me, I am going.”
“Hunair was one the best players of Mahindra. The Mumbai club has been disbanded. The deceased was under stress for the last few days,” Sadar police station chief Yashwant Singh told IANS.
“The victim had earlier played several matches abroad too. Deceased and his brother Adnan both used to play for Mahindra,” said Singh, adding that Adnan still plays for a Delhi club.
- Gurgaon domestic help jumps to death - May 14, 2012
- Woman jumps from Gurgaon high rise, dies - May 07, 2012
- Maid jumps to death in Gurgaon, employers booked - May 14, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Kanda evades reply to 7 key questions - Aug 19, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Geetika suicide: Kanda's kin detained - Aug 11, 2012
- Delhi cops search Kanda office with Aruna Chaddha - Aug 12, 2012
- Youth jumps to death from Gurgaon office building - May 30, 2012
- Bengal CPI-M legislator jumps to death (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- After Mahindra, now JCT disbands football club - Jun 20, 2011
- Court denies Kanda shield against arrest (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Engineering girl student commits suicide - May 21, 2012
- Indian football fraternity shocked at JCT's decision - Jun 20, 2011
- Ex-flight attendant kills self, blames Haryana minister (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,