Former Defesive Tackle Norman Hand Dead At 37May 15th, 2010 - 6:23 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Walterboro, May 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) On Friday, Norman Hand the former National Football League defensive player died after collapsing at his South Carolina home. The player died just 90 minutes after his collapse at a local hospital. The exact reason of his death is yet to be determined. Norman Hand was 37-years-old.
Richard Harvey who is the Colleton County Coroner said to media sources that Norman Hand collapsed at his home at around 11 a.m. on Friday. His family immediately rushed him to a nearby hospital but could not do much to save his life as the player died with 90 minutes. Richard Harvey has said that an autopsy would be carried out on Saturday which would provide the reason of his sudden death. Reports claim that no foul play as such is being suspected by the police.
The family of Norman Hand issued a public statement on Friday declaring the death of the defensive tackle. It mentioned that the player who was rushed to the hospital immediately was “unresponsive” and the attempts to revive the player remained unsuccessful. The statement marked the death as an incomprehensible loss which the family will is mourning. The statement also mentioned that “respect for our family will be greatly appreciated”. The family urged the media sources to focus on Norman Hand’s life and the contributions he had made to as a player and not focus only on his death.
Norman Hand in his 10 years of NFL career has played for Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks, San Diego Chargers and New York Giants. The player had to his credit 22 and half career sacks and joined the NFL in 1995 after being drafted in the fifth round by the Miami Dolphins.
- Chicago Bears Player Gaines Adams Dies At 26 - Jan 18, 2010
- Senior Quarterback Reggie Garrett Dies After Touchdown Pass - Sep 19, 2010
- NFL fines could break Kenny Phillips back - Oct 18, 2011
- Chris Bosh's 911 call for dying masseuse released - Jun 13, 2012
- Darryl Tapp Traded To Philadelphia Eagles - Mar 17, 2010
- NFL Scores 2011: Week 3 - Sep 26, 2011
- Ricky Williams Bids Final Farewell To Miami Dolphins - Jan 23, 2011
- Miami Dolphins To Kansas City Royals? Only Pat White Can Do It! - Sep 11, 2010
- 2011 NFL Draft Order Led By Carolina Panthers - Jan 03, 2011
- Former Local NFL Player Jesse Mahelona Dead - Sep 06, 2009
- Pete Carroll "Fired Up" While Addressing His New Supporters - Jan 17, 2010
- Terrell Suggs Lists Tom Brady And Peyton Manning As NFL Favorites - Dec 06, 2010
- Suit filed over Clear Channel Dolphins conflict - Oct 12, 2010
- Texas A&M University Footballer Dies In Car Accident - Sep 05, 2010
- Russian hockey player dies trying to save family - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: 37 years, career sacks, colleton county, county coroner, death reports, defensive player, exact reason, foul play, local hospital, media sources, miami dolphins, national football league, nearby hospital, new orleans saints, new york giants, nfl career, richard harvey, san diego chargers, seattle seahawks, walterboro