Former Brazil keeper Dida signs with PortuguesaMay 25th, 2012 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, May 25 (IANS) Brazilian first division club Portuguesa have confirmed the signing of former Brazil international goalkeeper Dida on a one-year contract.
The 38-year-old has not played since finishing his career with AC Milan in Italy’s Serie A in 2010.
“He still hasn’t done any medical exams, but he will be officially presented to the club Friday,” a club official said Thursday.
Dida reportedly asked for a $50,000 monthly salary before settling for $35,000. It is understood the bulk of his pay-cheque will come from marketing deals, reported Xinhua.
The signing ends Portuguesa’s search to replace former goalkeeper Weverton, who left the club last week to sign with first division rivals Atletico-PR.
- Former Brazil star Dida considers comeback - May 23, 2012
- Ex-Brazil keeper Dida set for Portuguesa debut - Jun 19, 2012
- Palmeiras deny talk of Scolari exit - May 22, 2012
- Ronaldinho signs up with Atletico Mineiro - Jun 05, 2012
- Botafogo on verge of Seedorf deal - Jun 07, 2012
- Corinthians interested in signing Uruguayan striker Forlan - Apr 19, 2012
- Real Madrid, AC Milan chiefs meet to decide Kaka's future - Aug 07, 2012
- Flamengo threatens to sue Palmeiras - Jun 03, 2012
- AC Milan's Robinho plays down home return - May 07, 2012
- Brazilian club Santos keen to re-sign Robinho - Apr 14, 2012
- Internacional's Fabricio and Datolo deny Flamengo victory - May 27, 2012
- Brazil's Dede on AC Milan radar - Jun 05, 2012
- Ronaldinho scores first goal for Atletico Mineiro - Jun 24, 2012
- Sao Paulo signs Assuncao from Atletico Madrid - Jul 22, 2012
- Seedorf says Brazil can attract other European stars - Jul 10, 2012