Force India’s Hulkenberg finishes 9th at German GPJuly 22nd, 2012 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
Hockenheim, July 22 (IANS) Sahara Force India could not carry a strong qualifying performance into the race Sunday when their drivers Nico Hulkenberg and Paul di Resta managed ninth and 11th place at the Formula One German Grand Prix here.
Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso cruised to his third victory of the season while Sebastian Vettel and Jenson Button came second and third for Red Bull and McLaren respectively.
Force India were hoping a better result after a strong show amid wet conditions Saturday. But that wasn’t to be as Hulkenberg, who started from a season best fourth place, could only secure two points while attempting a three-stop strategy.
Di Resta, on a two-stop strategy, slipped two places from his grid position for his second race in a row without points.
Force India stay eighth in the Constructors’ Championship with 46 points, one less than the Williams.
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes fourth in Belgium - Sep 02, 2012
- Alonso wins dramatic Malaysian GP, Force India in top-10 - Mar 25, 2012
- Force India finish out of points at British GP - Jul 08, 2012
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Force India's di Resta 8th fastest in Canadian GP qualifying - Jun 10, 2012
- Vettel wins Bahrain GP, Force India's Di Resta finishes sixth - Apr 23, 2012
- Vettel races to another victory, Sutil finishes 9th at European GP - Jun 26, 2011
- German GP: Hulkenberg 5th fastest, di Resta 9th - Jul 21, 2012
- Vettel takes pole, di Resta 10th in Bahrain - Apr 21, 2012
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- Button storms to victory in Hungarian GP, di Resta seventh - Jul 31, 2011
- Button wins Australian GP, Force India's Di Resta gets a point - Mar 18, 2012
- Button wins in chaotic Belgian GP - Sep 02, 2012
- Di Resta earns four points for Force India - Sep 09, 2012
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
Tags: fernando alonso, ferrari, force india, formula one, german gp, german grand prix, grid position, hockenheim, jenson button, mclaren, red bull, resta, sahara, sebastian vettel, victory, wet conditions