Force India seventh fastest in pre-season testsFebruary 11th, 2010 - 3:23 pm ICT by IANS
Jerez (Spain), Feb 11 (IANS) Force India’s Vitantonio Liuzzi clocked the seventh fastest time in the spanking new VJM03 on the first day of the four-day official pre-season Formula One test session here.
The going was wet Wednesday afternoon as Force India covered 300 km, focusing on system familiarisation in the morning and then balance runs in the afternoon. The team was able to finish the plan and create a solid platform for the rest of the test.
Liuzzi had a best lap of one minute, 24.968 seconds in the dry around the 4.428-km circuit and 1:30.403 in the afternoon that was marred by rain.
Liuzzi said: “It was definitely a good beginning to our testing programme. It was mainly about getting comfortable in the car, running through the systems. We did more than 70 laps and the car was reliable with no big issues. Unfortunately, we did just three laps in the dry in the morning before it started to rain.”
Meanwhile, Mercedes GP’s Nico Rosberg was the quickest with 1:20.927 over 43 laps and he will be handing over the test duties to Michael Schumacher today.
Scuderia Toro Rosso’s Sebastien Buemi was second fastest in 1:21.031, followed by Nico Hulkenberg of Williams (1:22.243).
World champion Jenson Button of McLaren ended up sixth on the time charts with 1:24.947 as he put in 79 laps.
- Force India's Hulkenberg sets second fastest time in Barcelona - Feb 22, 2012
- Di Resta eighth fastest after 'intense' day of testing - Feb 24, 2012
- Force India goes quicker in pre-season test - Feb 12, 2010
- Alonso fastest on day one of mid-season test - May 02, 2012
- F1: Force India's Sutil goes third quickest in pre-season testing - Feb 13, 2010
- Di Resta third fastest as second pre-season test ends - Feb 26, 2012
- Weather affects Formula One testing - Feb 19, 2010
- Sutil clocks second best in Formula 1 testing - Feb 14, 2010
- Force India end mid-season test with full day of running - May 04, 2012
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Force India sixth quickest - Feb 26, 2010
- Formula 1: Good outing for Force India - Feb 27, 2010
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, both Force Indias in top-10 - Nov 13, 2011
- Vettel claims another pole, Sutil sneaks into 10th at European GP - Jun 25, 2011
- Force India's Di Resta feels making Q3 will be tough - Mar 23, 2012
Tags: fastest time, force india, formula one, gp, jenson button, jerez spain, mercedes, michael schumacher, nico rosberg, rain, sebastien, test session, three laps, time charts, toro rosso, vitantonio, wednesday afternoon, world champion