Footie crazy Brit nets 650K pounds in winning WC stakesJuly 19th, 2010 - 1:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 19 (ANI): Football nut Mike McNally has won 650,000 pounds for a 10 pound stake on World Cup games.
Twenty-nine-year-old Mike laid five two pound bets with an online bookie, which entitled him to enter a contest to predict the winner of every match.According to The Sun, he got 36 right, more than any other punter in the world, to scoop up the prize.Titanbet.com threw its global prediction contest open to every punter who wagered at least a tenner on the World Cup.
England nearly cost Mike, of Bradford, West Yorks, the prize after he backed them to beat Germany in South Africa.
But by the time of the final, he and one other person were level after calling 35 of the 63 matches. And business graduate Mike correctly had Spain down to win, while his rival had gone for Holland.
He said: “I was speechless when I learned I’d won. I just wish England could have performed as well as I did.” (ANI)
- Briton wins $1 mn on World Cup bets - Jul 19, 2010
- ICC to probe county match-fixing charges - Mar 11, 2012
- Best's European Cup medal fetches 156,000 pounds at UK auction - Oct 21, 2010
- Paul the Octopus predicts England will host 2018 World Cup - Aug 20, 2010
- Octopus Paul has cost punters up to half a million squid - Jul 12, 2010
- Four bookies held in Chhattisgarh - Mar 04, 2011
- Horse named Royal Wedding wins race - Apr 30, 2011
- Karnataka Police warn against betting on World Cup matches - Feb 27, 2011
- England eyeing million-pound bonus for outright Ashes series win - Jan 02, 2011
- Who made the honor roll on Rookie Blue? - Aug 13, 2010
- Capello stuns FA, England fans by being involved in England players rating game - May 11, 2010
- Lahore declared capital of live illegal cricket betting - Aug 29, 2010
- Horse called Royal Wedding wins race just hours after Prince William wed - Apr 30, 2011
- Strauss hails 'astrologer' Warne for rightly predicting India-England tie - Mar 01, 2011
- Breast cancer campaign 'diverting attention' - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: bets, business graduate, germany, global prediction, holland, london, match, mike mcnally, online bookie, prediction contest, punter, south africa, spain, stake, sun, tenner, world cup england, world cup games