Footballers accused of molestation backed by aphrodisiac makerJanuary 6th, 2010 - 12:43 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Jan 6 (IANS) The Churchill Brothers football team, offloaded from a Kolkata-bound flight in Mumbai after three of its players allegedly molested an airhostess, is sponsored by a sex aphrodisiac manufacturer.
One of the top football clubs in the country, Churchill Brothers had signed a
three-year deal in September last year, with Kunnath pharmaceuticals, manufacturer of Musli Power Xtra, an ayurvedic aphrodisiac “formulated from safed musli, widely known as Indian herbal aphrodisiac, which is a complete solution for sexual problems”, according to the manufacturer’s website.
The club has been officially christened Musli Power - Churchill Brothers since September, with the players wearing co-branded jerseys ever since the reportedly
Rs.9 crore (Rs.90 million) endorsement deal was signed.
Three of the club’s top players, including star striker Odafa Okolie from Nigeria, were Tuesday accused by an air hostess on board the Spice Jet flight of molestation.
Following the complaint, the entire 23-member team, which was en-route Kolkata to play an I-league game with West Bengal giants Mohun Bagan, was offloaded at the Mumbai airport and criminal charges filed against the three accused.
The team is owned and managed by Goa Public Works Minister Churchill Alemao’s family.
Joaquim Alemao, Churchill Alemao’s brother and president of the Goa-based football club, told IANS Wednesday that there was no chance of the endorsement deal being called off.
“There is no talk like this. I have not heard anything. When there is no misconduct, where is the chance of endorsements being dropped,” Joaquim, also a cabinet minister in the Goa government, said.
- Churchill Brothers' sponsors may withdraw Musli power - Jan 06, 2010
- Churchill Brothers bat hard to save sponsorship - Jan 08, 2010
- Churchill Bros sponsors to probe airhostess molestation charge - Jan 08, 2010
- 'Molestation row good for Churchill brothers' - Jan 08, 2010
- Post molestation row, Churchill wants separate seats for men - Jan 08, 2010
- Aphrodisiac maker to sponsor Churchill Brothers football team - Sep 14, 2009
- Detained Churchill Brothers footballers to be produced in Mumbai court - Jan 06, 2010
- Kerala's aphrodisiac man out to prove Musli potency - Jun 25, 2011
- Churchill Alemao blames cramped flight for molestation row - Jan 06, 2010
- Kunnathu Pharma to invest Rs.1 billion for football academy - Sep 06, 2010
- Churchill Brothers threaten to sue Spice Jet (Lead) - Jan 06, 2010
- Churchill Brothers' ground lease to be cancelled - Aug 07, 2012
- Churchill sponsors yet to decide on future ties - Jan 25, 2010
- Churchill Brothers team detained at Mumbai airport - Jan 05, 2010
- Nigerian striker Odafe says he is innocent of molestation charge - Jan 06, 2010
Tags: air hostess, airhostess, cabinet minister, churchill alemao, churchill brothers, endorsement deal, football clubs, goa government, herbal aphrodisiac, jet flight, league game, member team, mohun bagan, mumbai airport, musli power, rs 90, sexual problems, spice jet, star striker, west bengal