Footballer Ruud Gullit to visit KolkataJuly 25th, 2012 - 10:49 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 25 (IANS) Legendary Dutch footballer Ruud Gullit will visit Kolkata July 28 for two days to attend the final match of a ‘para’ (community) tournament.
He will also be the chief guest at an awards function of football club Mohun Bagan the next day.
July 29 is celebrated as ‘Mohun Bagan Day’ to commemorate the club’s victory against East York Regiment in the IFA Shield final in 1911.
“Gullit will arrive July 28 after travelling to London from the Netherlands. The next day, he will interact with the media before spending an hour at the studio of Radio Mirchi.
“In the afternoon, he will attend the final of a para football organised by the radio station,” Dharamdas Pandey, CEO of Celebrity Management Group, told IANS.
During the match, Gullit will select two of the best players who would be trained by Prayag United.
In the evening, the former Dutch international player will go to the Netaji Indoor stadium for the Mohun Bagan Day programme.
“He will inaugurate a new jersey designed by singer Babul Supriyo,” the club’s General Secretary Anjan Mitra told IANS.
Gullit will leave the city July 30.
Gullit, a versatile player of the 1980s and 1990s, captained the Netherlands team that won Euro 88. He was also a member of the squad for the 1990 Football World Cup. He was named the European Footballer of the Year in 1987 and the World Soccer Player of the Year in 1987 and 1989.
- Dutch star Ruud Gullit arrives in Kolkata - Jul 28, 2012
- Ruud Gullit enthralls Mohun Bagan crowd - Jul 30, 2012
- Babul Supriyo turns designer, designs jersey for Mohun Bagan - Jul 30, 2012
- Ruud Gullit for pact barring big clubs luring away native talent - Jul 29, 2012
- Indian football coach Koevermans gets thumbs up from Gullit - Jul 29, 2012
- Bagan's 1911 Shield triumph to become part of school texts - Apr 10, 2012
- P.K.Banerjee to be conferred Mohun Bagan Ratna - Jul 07, 2011
- Sporting stay confident against Prayag - Jan 27, 2012
- Mohun Bagan's 1911 IFA shield win now on celluloid - Jun 27, 2010
- Legendary Jarnail Singh conferred Mohun Bagan Ratna posthumously - Jul 30, 2012
- Gullit expects Holland, Germany to reach Euro 2012 final - Feb 08, 2012
- Centenary celebrations of Mohun Bagan's historic IFA Shield win begin Thursday - Jul 28, 2010
- Mohun Bagan remembers 1911 IFA Shield win - Jul 30, 2010
- Federation Cup: Holders Salgaocar in tough group - Aug 24, 2012
- Venezuelans miss practice as kits are misplaced - Sep 01, 2011
Tags: anjan, babul supriyo, celebrity management, chief guest, euro 88, european footballer of the year, final match, football world cup, footballer of the year, general secretary, international player, mitra, mohun bagan, prayag, radio mirchi, ruud gullit, soccer player of the year, versatile player, world soccer, york regiment