Football academy to come up in Bengal’s DurgapurJune 21st, 2012 - 9:18 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 21 (IANS) With a view to promoting young talent, Royal Bengal Tigers - a private club - Thursday launched an international standard football academy in West Bengal’s Burdwan district.
State Sports Minister Madan Mitra along with legendary footballer Chuni Goswami presided over a ceremony to launch the academy.
The academy will provide the best of amenities like a modern gymnasium, swimming pool, locker room etc and provide the players with international coaching staff, trainers and support staff, RBT Chief Executive Devlina Sinha said here.
“We are also in he initial stage of erecting a stadium with a sitting capacity of 40,000 for conducting national and international tournaments, Sinha said.
“The selection committee will spot young talents through trial on all India basis. The trainees will comprise two age groups - under 16 and under 18 years,” Sinha added.
Mitra urged the academy to select budding footballers from the tribal as well as from the backward classes of the society.
“The academy will be completed in the next six months with a budget of rupees four crore. The trainees will be provide free lodging, food and education and trained by national and international coaches,” RBT chairman Anantabijay Laha said.
- Stars descend at Kolkata stadium to witness Messi match - Sep 02, 2011
- U-14 boys team all set for AFC football fest - May 17, 2012
- Bengal rewards its National Games heroes - Jun 19, 2011
- IMImobile launches unique service - Jan 21, 2011
- Kolkata to fight juvenile crime through football - Jun 30, 2011
- Darby quits as coach of Mohun Bagan - Oct 15, 2011
- AIFF to felicitate heroes of 1951 and '62 Asian Games - Aug 15, 2012
- Bagan forms three-member panel to keep tab on Darby - Oct 10, 2011
- Soccer match to enthuse Maoist-hit Junglemahal youngsters - Jun 19, 2011
- Subrata technical director, Prashanta coach of Mohun Bagan - Oct 19, 2011
- FIFA to start grassroots football school in Mizoram - Jun 04, 2012
- Two killed in Bengal, Trinamool says victims were cadres - Feb 17, 2011
- Three Indian boys earn their ticket to Celtic FC - May 05, 2011
- Bhaichung launches Bhaichung Bhutia Football School - Oct 30, 2010
- Tevez, Di Maria to be seen alongside Messi in Kolkata friendly - Jun 06, 2011
Tags: age groups, burdwan district, durgapur, football academy, footballers, free lodging, india basis, initial stage, international coaches, kolkata, laha, legendary footballer, madan, private club, royal bengal tigers, rupees, selection committee, staff trainers, state sports, west bengal