Flunked by college, Unmukt finds support in DhoniAugust 30th, 2012 - 9:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 30 (IANS) India cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni Thursday came out in support of the U-19 World Cup winning skipper Unmukt Chand, who was barred from taking his second semester BA exams by the St.Stephen’s College here due to low attendance.
“Marks for sports takes backseat, attendance for now takes centrestage. This shows how much importance sports has in India. Sad to hear,” Dhoni said on social networking site Twitter.
St.Stephen’s College has barred Chand from taking the second semester exams because of his low attendance.
Chand had earlier approached the Delhi high court to sit for his exams. But since he was late in approaching the court, he could appear in only two exams out of four. The next hearing is slated for Sep 14.
According to university rules, a student should have at least 33.3 percent attendance after all exemptions to appear in an exam, and should pass 50 percent of all exams in both semesters combined to move to the third year.
- Sports minister to bat for Unmukt at Delhi University (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Unmukt allowed to move to second year: VC (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Sibal backs Unmukt, requests DU to allow him for exam - Aug 31, 2012
- The questions that Unmukt Chand raised (Comment) - Sep 02, 2012
- Court allows IPL cricketer to sit for exam - May 15, 2012
- Unmukt hopes for an amicable solution with St. Stephen's - Aug 31, 2012
- College denies Dhoni not promoted to second year - Jul 12, 2009
- College mistakenly 'fails' an absent Dhoni - Sep 08, 2009
- Thampu qualified to head St. Stephen's College: Court (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Court tells exam board to re-evaluate marks promptly (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Law exam rules relaxed for women who delivered babies - Jul 13, 2010
- Student moves court against St. Stephen's College - Jun 23, 2011
- Court notice to Delhi University, St. Stephen's - Jun 24, 2011
- St. Stephen issues notice for giving student zero mark - Oct 24, 2009
- Class 12 students win battle against school, board in apex court - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: backseat, chand, cricket captain, delhi high court, india cricket, low attendance, mahendra singh dhoni, New Delhi, s college, second semester, semester exams, semesters, skipper, social networking site, Sports, world cup