Floyd Mayweather Jr tops the list of the top paid athletesJuly 18th, 2012 - 7:38 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York City, July 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Floyd Mayweather Jr has now topped the list of the best paid athletes. Since the list began in 8 years earlier, in 2012, the top spot has always been aced by golfer Tiger Woods, but this year he fell short and Floyd Mayweather Jr beat him to the top spot. It ought to be mentioned here that the list comprises of only American athletes.
The number two spot on the list is bagged by Phil Mickelson and the most surprising thing is that, he has consistently held on to his number two position since the last 4 years. Tiger Woods is on the number three spot, a far cry from the number one spot that he occupied since the launch of the list.
Tiger Woods’ sex scandal cost him a lot, as his sponsors bud him goodbye like Pepsico’s Gatorade, P&G and AT&T. He was lucky enough to have Nike as his main sponsor, and they still believe in his salability and have stood by him throughout his sordid sex scandal and they still pay him millions of dollars to endorse their company.
Another company that still believes in Tiger Woods is Electronic Arts who pay $9 million per year for endorsements.
- Boxer Mayweather biggest grosser, Woods third on list - Jun 19, 2012
- Gatorade Cut Ties With Tiger Woods - Feb 27, 2010
- Tiger Woods Still Rules The Empire Of Endorsements - Feb 05, 2010
- Now GM Motors cancels deal with Tiger Woods - Jan 15, 2010
- Tiger Woods' sex scandals cost him $25m in endorsement deals - Jun 19, 2010
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. arrested for domestic violence - Sep 10, 2010
- Tiger Woods scandal costs sponsors $12 bn - Dec 30, 2009
- Tiger Woods Continues To Remain World's Top Athlete Brand - Feb 06, 2010
- Gatorade dumps Tiger Woods - Feb 27, 2010
- Tiger Woods Named The Most Powerful Athlete Of The Year - Jan 28, 2010
- Pacquiao willing to fight Mayweather Junior - Jan 11, 2012
- Manchester United rated as richest club in world - Jul 22, 2010
- Tiger Woods' transgressions cost his sponsors up to $12b: Research - Dec 29, 2009
- Lonely Tiger Woods close to 'cracking up', say friends - Dec 17, 2009
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. suspect in domestic violence case - Sep 10, 2010
Tags: 8 years, aced, american athletes, electronic arts, endorsements, far cry, floyd mayweather jr, gatorade, golfer tiger woods, launch, new york city, nike, pepsico, phil mickelson, sex scandal, sordid sex, tiger, top paid athletes