Flower expects ’special one’ Pietersen to ’stand-out’ on England’s tour to AustraliaOctober 27th, 2010 - 1:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 27(ANI): England coach Andy Flower has backed batting star Kevin Pietersen to shine during next month’s tour of Australia.
Flower said that he expects Pietersen to re-establish himself as one of the world’s most feared batsmen during the Ashes series.
“He is exceptional, a very talented player - a special one, actually. I am expecting him to be a stand-out on this tour,” the Daily Express quoted Flower, as saying.
“He is very motivated to do well for England. He wants to make a big contribution, and this tour is a great stage on which to do that,” he added.
The South African born batsman has averaged just 36.90 since the start of the 2009 Ashes series and has not made a Test hundred since March last year.
England’s tour of Australia gets under way on November 5 with a warm-up game against Western Australia.
The first of the five Ashes Tests will be held at The Gabba in Brisbane from November 25 to 29.
It will be followed by Tests in Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney.
The tour also has two Twenty20 clashes and a seven-match ODI series. (ANI)
- Strauss expects 'outstanding player' Pietersen to shine during Ashes series - Oct 31, 2010
- Pietersen aims to change his mental approach to succeed in Ashes series - Nov 07, 2010
- Flower bans England WAGs for first two Ashes Tests - Oct 26, 2010
- Anderson will be fit for Ashes opener: Flower - Oct 26, 2010
- Ponting reminds England not to 'forget packing the urn' in Ashes message on Big Ben! - Oct 28, 2010
- Best chance for England to end Ashes win drought in Oz in two decades: Gatting - Oct 28, 2010
- Strauss, Flower plan secret camp in Europe to finalize Ashes squad - Sep 14, 2010
- Botham backs England for 'magnificent' Ashes win over Australia - Sep 28, 2010
- Australia holds slight Ashes edge over England: Waqar - Nov 21, 2010
- WAGs' support is a 'great kind of boost for England side': Strauss - Oct 31, 2010
- 'Fired up' Finn says will bowl to 'Ponting just like to a club third XI player' - Oct 30, 2010
- Gilchrist says England favourites but not guaranteed the Ashes - Nov 17, 2010
- Broad wants to 'throw the first punch' in Ashes sledgefest - Oct 27, 2010
- England may use Swann to test Aussie patience levels during Ashes: Arthur - Oct 31, 2010
- Strauss vows to 'grind Australia down' to retain Ashes - Oct 31, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,