Flintoff will play key role in winning Ashes, says LaxmanJune 18th, 2009 - 4:31 pm ICT by ANI
Lancashire, June 18 (ANI): Stylish Indian batsman VVS Laxman believes that his Lancashire team-mate Andrew Flintoff will recover from his knee surgery to play a vital role in England’s endeavor to bring back the Ashes from the Australians.
Laxman is currently playing for Lancashire in the LV County Championship England.
According to the Daily Express, Laxman said that Flintoff was feeling no discomfort from his knee and is fit and raring to go at the Australians in the historic series, which is slated to commence in three weeks’ time.
“It is six weeks since the surgery and he is fit, so obviously it is a very minor injury and I am sure it would not affect him. Freddie brings aggression and a lot of variation to the bowling attack,” Laxman said.
Having faced Flintoff in the nets for Lancashire numerous times, he says that England’s main man retains all of the venom and pace that is required at an international level.
“Freddie brings aggression and a lot of variation to the bowling attack. I believe he is one of the most difficult bowlers I have faced in international cricket because he doesn’t allow the batsman to settle down and he is also one of the quickest,” Laxman added. (ANI)
- Zaheer, Ishant fit and raring to go: Laxman - Dec 23, 2011
- Flintoff, a massive fan of professional wrestling - Apr 18, 2010
- Flintoff hopes to be back in action in next few weeks - Jul 21, 2010
- We can beat any side in the world, says Laxman - Jul 16, 2011
- Use Flintoff as Larwood to give Ponting 'Bodyline' chin music during Ashes: Chappell - Jul 07, 2010
- Ashes-winning heroics in 2009 finished me: Flintoff - Mar 17, 2011
- Bidding starts in Australia for expensive Freddie Flintoff - Oct 14, 2009
- Ponting believes that Freddie's is on his knees - Aug 04, 2009
- Flintoff on comeback trail with schoolboy club - Jul 08, 2010
- Talk of Flintoff making Test return laughable: Langer - Jan 22, 2010
- Flintoff 'six finger' tweet attracts Burnley fury - Apr 14, 2011
- Flintoff says he hopes to make 20-20 comeback for Queensland - Aug 24, 2010
- Flintoff's retirement a big loss for England: Sourav - Jul 15, 2009
- `Bressie is my heir in England squad,' says Flintoff - Jul 22, 2010
- Medical team advises Flintoff to delay return from injury - Aug 03, 2010
Tags: aggression, andrew flintoff, australians, bowling, daily express, endeavor, england, indian batsman, international cricket, key role, knee surgery, lancashire, lv, main man, pace, six weeks, team mate, variation, venom, vvs laxman