Flintoff ’six finger’ tweet attracts Burnley furyApril 14th, 2011 - 1:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr. 14 (ANI): Freddie Flintoff sparked fury on Twitter when he mocked people in Burnley by accusing them of having six fingers.
The former England cricketer’s jibe came as he tweeted about Prince William’s visit to Lancashire.
Flintoff, 33, scoffed: “The Prince went to Blackburn but drew the line at Burnley - no six finger handshakes from the dingles for Wills.”
According to The Sun, residents bombarded Freddie, from Preston, with angry replies.
He accused most of being illiterate and having “extra thumbs”.
Burnley council’s leader Charlie Briggs hit back: “All I can do is stick my six fingers up to him.” (ANI)
- Flintoff's 'six-fingered dingles' jibe angers disability campaigners - Apr 15, 2011
- Gutted Flintoff heading back to 'Blighty' from Dubai to watch favourite soap - Dec 10, 2010
- Burnley named burglary capital of England and Wales - Feb 06, 2010
- 12-year-old autistic boy hangs himself after being bullied - Dec 01, 2011
- NRI on the run from Britain arrested in Goa resort - Oct 27, 2009
- Pakistani tortured by relatives in Britain - Mar 31, 2012
- Brit Asian man cleared of racially abusing BNP leader Griffin - Nov 05, 2009
- Viscera tests to fix cause of Briton's death in Goa: police - Oct 27, 2009
- Nine arrested in Britain on terrorism charges - Feb 14, 2009
- Charlie Sheen accuses Denise Richards of stealing dogs - Mar 29, 2011
- Flintoff will play key role in winning Ashes, says Laxman - Jun 18, 2009
- Bidding starts in Australia for expensive Freddie Flintoff - Oct 14, 2009
- British grandma assaulted by boys for a ring - May 19, 2012
- Flintoff, a massive fan of professional wrestling - Apr 18, 2010
- EPL side Blackburn Rovers arrive in Pune - Oct 05, 2011