Fletcher asks Man U teammates not to slacken off at lowly MiddlesbroughMay 2nd, 2009 - 3:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 2 (ANI): Darren Fletcher has asked his Manchester United teammates not to slacken off at lowly Middlesbrough today.
There is a big contrast between a Champions League semi-final and a trip to the Riverside.
Fletcher said today’s encounter must be taken as seriously as their midweek Euro win over with Arsenal, The Sun reported.
He said: “It is hard to top a Champions League semi-final, but you can’t raise your game for such an occasion and forget about fixtures like Middlesbrough away.
“If you do that, you’ll get hurt. It is why we have to raise our game every time we play,” he added.
Fletcher knows what can happen, having been in the United side that lost 4-1 at Boro in October 2005.
That prompted Roy Keane’s outspoken attack on his teammates and his eventual exit from Old Trafford.
“I was in the team that lost 4-1 up there. It was very disappointing,” Fletcher said. (ANI)
- Ferguson warns Man U against complacency - May 04, 2011
- Fergie has his plate full, can't take each game as it comes - May 04, 2011
- Man U's Fletcher finally hits back at Wenger's 'anti-football' comment - Dec 12, 2010
- Fulham manager Hughes backs Man U for treble - Apr 10, 2011
- Manchester United must concentrate on Premier League: Fletcher - Apr 09, 2010
- Man U not afraid of facing Barcelona: Fergie - Mar 18, 2011
- Real Madrid face tough match against Valencia - Apr 07, 2012
- Hope we don't repeat mistakes: Gambhir - Sep 26, 2011
- National Basketball: Tamil Nadu upstage Services - Dec 24, 2011
- Fabregas says Arsenal afraid of losing big games - Dec 20, 2010
- T&T; give CL T20 equation a twist - Oct 03, 2011
- Arsenal suffering a crisis of confidence: Wenger - Mar 13, 2011
- Man U legend Scholes not a 'fair' player, says Wenger - Aug 21, 2010
- Wenger cautions Fergie about Arsenal being at their best - Apr 27, 2009
- Capello can't rest on laurels: Bilyaletdinov - Jul 18, 2012