Five Punjab players appointed police officersJuly 18th, 2011 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 18 (IANS) The Punjab government Monday approved the appointment of five Asian Games and Commonwealth Games gold medallists as deputy superintendents of police in the police.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, who is also the home and sports minister, gave his approval for the appointment of Manjit Kaur (athletics), Avneet Kaur (shooting), Ranjab Sodhi (shooting), Palwinder Singh Cheema (wrestling) and Amandeep Kaur (hockey).
Badal said that players winning gold medals at international events will be appointed deputy superintendents, provided they are graduates.
He said Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will soon hand over appointment letters to the players.
Earlier, the Punjab government had appointed Gagan Ajit Singh (hockey), Sunita Rani (athletics) and Harbhajan Singh (cricket) as deputy superintendents.
- Punjab players get cash rewards - Feb 05, 2011
- Plans to revive hockey - in hues of pink and blue - Aug 17, 2012
- Badal pushes for government jobs for sportspersons - May 20, 2011
- Punjab Games to have rich cash incentives - Nov 10, 2010
- Badal's wife passes away after prolonged illness - May 24, 2011
- Akalis field Olympian Pargat Singh, Sukhbir Badal files nomination - Jan 09, 2012
- 'Rs.14 crore disbursed to top sportspersons for training' - Sep 06, 2011
- Thousands attend Surinder Badal's cremation - May 25, 2011
- Names of Indian medal winners at CWG - Oct 15, 2010
- Prominent candidates in Punjab assembly polls - Jan 28, 2012
- Badal's wife passes away, cremation Wednesday (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- 12 sports stadiums to be flood-lit in Punjab - Aug 07, 2010
- Hockey captain Pargat wins from Jalandhar - Mar 06, 2012
- Congress leaders fume as Badals cosy up to centre (Punjab Newsletter) - May 18, 2012
- Punjab to withdraw unauthorised security from VIPs - May 14, 2012
Tags: ajit singh, appointment letters, asian games, badal, commonwealth games gold, cricket, deputy chief minister, deputy superintendents, gold medallists, gold medals, graduates, harbhajan singh, police officers, punjab government, rani, Sports