Fit again Becks says he’s banished his injury demonsOctober 16th, 2010 - 4:59 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 16 (ANI): Ace midfielder David Beckham has said that he has finally overcome the mental hangover of his Achilles injury and is ready to help Los Angeles win the MLS title.
The ex-England skipper will start his fourth successive game tonight against rivals Colorado Rapids.
Victory will give Galaxy top spot for the knockout phase of the MLS Cup.
Beckham, 35, said he is playing at full speed again after a six-month battle to recover from the most serious injury of his career, The Sun reports.
“Playing has been more of a mental thing than anything else about the injury. Now I don’t go into games thinking, ‘Am I going to do it again?’ Or ‘If I push off, will it snap?’. It is something I don’t think about,” Beckham said. (ANI)
- David Beckham wins the MLS Comeback Player of the Year Award - Nov 15, 2011
- Beckham out of entire MLS season - Apr 27, 2010
- Beckham's royal wedding trip may force him to miss LA Galaxy's next game - Apr 30, 2011
- 'Beckham's top-flight football career is over' - Aug 01, 2010
- Fans boos welcome Beckham during LA Galaxy's first game - Mar 17, 2011
- L A Galaxy wary about Becks putting England above MLS championship hopes - Oct 02, 2009
- Past six months being sidelined 'toughest part of my career so far': Beckham - Sep 10, 2010
- FA denies Redknapp, Beckham 'dream team' replacing Capello - Jan 07, 2011
- Beckham free to join Tottenham - Jan 06, 2011
- Capello does a U-turn on Beckham's international career - Aug 29, 2010
- Ferguson rules out Beckham's Man U return - Dec 24, 2010
- Beckham keeping playing options open - Apr 13, 2011
- Beckham branded a 'selfish pig' by Los Angeles Galaxy fan - Jan 03, 2011
- Beckham wants to buy soccer team - Jul 31, 2011
- Beckham says he wont con Capello to gain another England cap - Sep 13, 2010