Filipino boxer Pacquiao hails WBO decisionJune 21st, 2012 - 8:18 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, June 21 (IANS) Filipino boxing icon Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao Thursday expressed his gratitude to the World Boxing Organization (WBO) after its five-man panel unanimously declared that he defeated American Timothy Bradley.
Local media abs-cbnnews.com quoted Pacquiao as saying that the decision would restore the trust of fans in boxing.
The five-man panel convened by the WBO reviewed and re-scored the controversial fight in favour of Pacquiao, reported Xinhua.
The Filipino boxer said he hopes that the WBO’s findings would serve as a wake-up call to everyone in boxing.
Bradley stripped Pacquiao of his WBO welterweight title via a split decision June 9. The controversial decision disgusted many boxing fans and was ridiculed by boxing media.
RingTV, however, said the WBO can no longer reverse the decision of the judges who scored the June 9 fight.
The controversial fight is now under investigation by the Attorney General of Nevada upon the request of fight promoter Bob Arum.
- Philippines lauds boxert Pacquiao despite defeat - Jun 10, 2012
- Pacquiao loses WBO title on split decision - Jun 10, 2012
- Pacquiao willing to fight Mayweather Junior - Jan 11, 2012
- Brit boxer Khan ready to take on superstar pal Manny Pacquiao - Apr 18, 2011
- Manny Pacquiao Lives Up To The Expectations Of His Fans - Nov 14, 2010
- Manny Pacquiao Takes Legal Action Against Floyd Mayweather Over Drugs Controversy - Jan 01, 2010
- LA Galaxy thrash Philippine Azkal 6-1 - Dec 04, 2011
- Manny Pacquiao takes Cotto's WBO welterweight title - Nov 16, 2009
- Manny Pacquiao Thrashes Antonio Margarito - Nov 14, 2010
- Manny Pacquiao Vs Antonio Margarito War To Hit Tonight - Nov 14, 2010
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Joshua Clottey Match Tonight - Mar 13, 2010
- Manny Pacquiao Wins - Mar 14, 2010
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Lashes Out Against Manny Pacquiao In Profanity Laced Rant - Sep 04, 2010
- Manny Pacquiao's nickname reference - Aug 20, 2009
- Nicole Scherzinger to launch film career - Jun 11, 2009
Tags: attorney general, boxer, boxing fans, controversial decision, favour, fight promoter, gratitude, june 21, local media, manny pacman pacquiao, promoter bob arum, split decision, wake up call, wbo, welterweight title, world boxing organization, xinhua