Fighter aircraft used to kill over 20 insurgents in NWFPAugust 30th, 2008 - 3:28 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Aug 29 (ANI): Three fighter aircraft were used to kill more than 20 insurgents, including two commanders.
Three fighter aircraft took part in the operation and heavily bombed the positions of combatants in their stronghold Peuchar, where Maulana Fazlullah is believed to be hiding and destroyed their hideouts and munitions dumps, The News quoted Mingora-based ISPR spokesman, Maj Nasir Ali, as saying.
Two leading commanders, who were killed, were identified as Qari Shehinshah and Mufti Saeedur Rehman.
Meanwhile, the Taliban sources conceded only the killing of Mufti Saeedur Rehman.
A woman was killed and four children were wounded when a mortar shell landed on the house of one Manan in Lej Banr area of Matta.
Another shell fell on the house of chairman peace committee and former Nazim, Sher Khan, wounding his elder brother, Majidullah, besides damaging the house.
Similarly, two persons were injured in shelling and a mosque was damaged in Aghal Barthana area of Matta.
Gunship helicopters, while continuing attacks on the suspected Taliban positions, pounded the hideouts of the militants in Peuchar, Namal, Barthana and other areas. However, there were no reports of casualties and damage.
In Shakardara area, militants blew up the already burnt down houses of Awami National Party local leader, Muzaffar Ali Khan and his brothers. (ANI)
- 10 militants killed in Pakistan - Jul 05, 2010
- Pak security forces kill 28 terrorists in Mohmand tribal region - Jan 29, 2011
- 18 militants die in Pakistani air raid - Jul 17, 2010
- 18 militants killed in Pakistan - Mar 01, 2012
- Helicopter gunship attacks kill six militants in Pak's Kurram region - Mar 06, 2011
- 30 rebels killed in Pakistan airstrike (Lead) - Aug 30, 2008
- 36 suspected militants killed in Pakistan - Jul 19, 2010
- 15 militants killed in Pakistan - Jul 10, 2010
- Pak F-16 fighter jets can't target US drones: Rehman Malik - Apr 18, 2011
- 11 militants killed in Pakistan - May 21, 2010
- Pakistani jets kill 10 civilians, dozens of militants - Sep 01, 2010
- At least six militants killed in Pak's Kurram region - Mar 05, 2011
- Dozens killed in fresh Yemen clashes - Jul 31, 2011
- 15 militants killed in Pakistan - Feb 23, 2012
- Twenty-four militants killed in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2009