FIFA’s secretary-general assures Brazil will be ready for World CupJanuary 21st, 2012 - 4:23 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, Jan 21 (IANS) FIFA’s Secretary-General Jerome Valcke has praised Brazil’s preparations for the 2014 football World Cup.
Valcke came to Brazil Friday on a routine inspection escorted by Ronaldo, the country’s head of the local organising committee. Valcke Friday described the visit as a pleasure, adding that it was a privilege to walk next to Ronaldo, still the record holder for most goals scored in World Cup history at 16, Xinhua reported.
Valcke confirmed the stadiums visited will be completed in time and said that every single person working on their construction will earn at least one ticket to watch a World Cup match, as did the workers of the 2010 edition in South Africa.
Valcke also claims to be rooting for Brazil to win the World Cup as hosts.
In his next inspection, yet to be scheduled, Valcke will be accompanied by both Ronaldo and football legend Pele as they visit the cities of Brasilia, Cuiaba and Recife.
- Brazil request Valcke's removal from World Cup negotiations - Mar 04, 2012
- Ronaldo defends Valcke's criticism of Brazil - Mar 09, 2012
- Bebeto joins Brazil's organising committee for 2014 World Cup - Feb 18, 2012
- FIFA official to return to Brazil next week - Apr 03, 2012
- Infrastructure on track for 2014 World Cup in Brazil - Sep 15, 2011
- 'All in one rhythm' slogan for Brazil World Cup - May 30, 2012
- FIFA announces Confederation Cup venues - Oct 21, 2011
- Valcke to return to Brazil for FIFA inspections - Mar 31, 2012
- 2014 World Cup to be best ever: Ronaldo - Mar 18, 2012
- FIFA names World Cup ball Brazuca - Sep 03, 2012
- Brazil lags 95 percent in 2014 Football World Cup work - May 24, 2012
- Chelsea not thinking about Club World Cup: Oscar - Sep 06, 2012
- Brazil to play two friendlies against Portugal in 2013 - Aug 27, 2012
- Hulk in Brazil's starting line-up against China - Sep 10, 2012
- FIFA concerned about Brazil's preparedness for 2014 World Cup - Mar 03, 2012
Tags: cuiaba, fifa, football legend, football world cup, jan 21, jerome valcke, local organising committee, match, most goals scored in world cup, pele, privilege, recife, rio de janeiro, ronaldo, routine inspection, secretary general, south africa, stadiums, world cup history, xinhua