Ferrari’s Alonso takes F1 lead with Korean Grand Prix victoryOctober 24th, 2010 - 5:38 pm ICT by ANI
Yeongam (South Korea), Oct 24(ANI): Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso has taken the Formula One championship lead after winning the rain-hit Korean Grand Prix on Sunday.
Alonso took the chequered flag 14.9 seconds ahead of McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton, who came in second, while Ferrari’s Felipe Massa came in third.
With two races to go, and a maximum 50 points to be won under the new scoring system, Alonso now heads the championship by 11 points from Red Bull’s Mark Webber, and 21 points from Hamilton, the BBC reports.
Alonso has won three of the last four races.
“This is the best race of the year for the team, but nothing has changed really. We all know the new points system. Anything can happen,” Alonso said.
Mercedes’ Michael Schumacher finished fourth ahead of Renault’s Robert Kubica and Force India’s Vitantonio Liuzzi.
Williams’ Rubens Barrichello finished seventh ahead of Sauber’s Kamui Kobayashi and Nick Heidfeld, with Williams’ Nico Hulkenberg claiming the final championship point.
McLaren’s Hamilton and reigning champion Jenson Button are now rank outsiders for the title heading into the final three races of the season. (ANI)
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Japanese Grand Prix - Oct 10, 2010
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes fourth in Belgium - Sep 02, 2012
- Red Bull's Vettel wins European Grand Prix - Jun 27, 2010
- Alonso fastest in Belgian Grand Prix practice - Aug 27, 2010
- Di Resta earns four points for Force India - Sep 09, 2012
- Red Bull's Webber wins British Grand Prix - Jul 11, 2010
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Malaysian Grand Prix - Apr 10, 2011
- Vettel wins maiden Monaco Grand Prix, Force India seventh - May 30, 2011
- Maldonado wins maiden F1 race, Hulkenberg comes 10th - May 13, 2012
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- McLaren lock front row in Italy - Sep 08, 2012
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Alonso wins dramatic Malaysian GP, Force India in top-10 - Mar 25, 2012
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
- Vettel edges Hamilton for Malaysian Grand Prix pole - Apr 09, 2011
Tags: bbc reports, chequered flag, felipe massa, fernando alonso, force india, four races, jenson button, kamui, kobayashi, korean grand prix, lewis hamilton, mark webber, michael schumacher, nick heidfeld, rank outsiders, robert kubica, rubens barrichello, s lewis, scoring system, vitantonio liuzzi