Ferguson warns Man U against complacencyMay 4th, 2011 - 4:56 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 4(ANI): Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has warned his players against taking Schalke FC lightly in today’s Champions League’s semi-final decider and Chelsea in Sunday’s Premier League encounter.
United go into the Old Trafford encounter two goals ahead thanks to their efforts in Germany last week.
Last season, the Red Devils were knocked out of the Champions League on aggregate by Bayern Munich, despite beating them at Old Trafford, and later lost to Chelsea in the Premier League.
“It’s what happened last year - exactly the same situation. I hope Manchester United don’t get complacent. Our work ethic will be very high in order for us to qualify [for the final],” the Independent quoted Ferguson, as saying.
Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand are amongst those who look set to miss today’s game, but Ferguson insists his team will have their minds fully focussed on a Wembley date with Barcelona on May 28.
“It is always dangerous in football to assume you have cracked it; that you have found a sliver bullet or discovered some secret formula for success,” Ferguson said.
“We live in exciting times for Manchester United and while I want both players and supporters to enjoy every minute of it, we must take nothing for granted,” he added. (ANI)
- Fergie has his plate full, can't take each game as it comes - May 04, 2011
- Ferguson backs Man U's 'collective unit' to overcome 'Ronaldo' factor - Apr 30, 2011
- Fergie not to play Rooney against Schalke in order to destroy Chelsea - May 04, 2011
- Rooney wants Man U star Giggs to be knighted - Apr 14, 2011
- Fergie praises Giggs for shattering Chelsea's Champions League dreams - Apr 13, 2011
- Japanese midfielder Kagawa to join Man United - Jun 05, 2012
- Not worried about Arsenal, Chelsea, now we feel like champions: Fergie - Apr 24, 2011
- Sturridge subjected to racial chants in Napoli - Feb 21, 2012
- Stopping Rooney from scoring is key to stopping Man U - Apr 25, 2011
- Chelsea posses best attack of Premier League: Ancelotti - Apr 02, 2011
- Ferguson desperate to join Europe's ultra-elite - Apr 26, 2011
- Gazprom unveiled as UEFA Champions League sponsor - Jul 09, 2012
- Gazprom unveiled as Champions League sponsor - Jul 10, 2012
- Capello may drop 'struggling' Rooney for Euro 2012 qualifier against Bulgaria - Aug 28, 2010
- Rooney branded a 'whore' by fans for wanting to quit Man U - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: aggregate, alex ferguson, barcelona, bayern munich, champions league, chelsea, complacency, decider, encounter, formula for success, london, manchester united, miss today, old trafford, premier league, red devils, rio ferdinand, sir alex ferguson, wayne rooney, work ethic