Fergie’s priority - to find replacements for Giggs, ScholesMay 3rd, 2009 - 4:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 3 (ANI): Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will leave behind a young squad with Wayne Rooney in the vanguard and the opportunity for his successor to take United on even further.
But his top priority will be to find replacements for the ageing Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs. That will be his transfer market priorities in his remaining time at the club.
He will also want to add an extra layer of quality to his forward line - especially if Carlos Tevez leaves.
United’s continuing dominance is not the only lasting impact their manager will leave his replacement. His success can be measured in bricks and mortar with the 75,000 capacity Old Trafford a testimony to the success Fergie has achieved.
United are buying up parcels of land which will enable them to expand the stadium even further. They already own a number of warehouses and also the 26-acre Manchester International Freight Terminal. But the new land grab is designed to increase stadium capacity to 95,000, reports The Sun. (ANI)
- Ferguson gets 100-mn pounds to buy new players - Dec 04, 2010
- Trash Tevez t-shirt campaign brings together United and City fans - Oct 20, 2011
- Scholes agrees to new one-year deal with Man U - Feb 24, 2011
- Man City ready to give 30 million pound to get Sanchez - Apr 16, 2011
- Ronaldo still tops Fergie's Man U favourite list - Dec 04, 2009
- Ferguson hails Man U's 'golden oldies' Scholes and Giggs - Aug 17, 2010
- Sky should forget signing Gary Neville: Ferguson - Jan 30, 2011
- Tevez urges Man U to buy him back - Dec 20, 2010
- Fergie confident about Man U delivering against Olympique Marseille - Feb 23, 2011
- Giggs backs Berbatov to win 'Golden Boot' battle against Tevez in Manchester derby - Feb 12, 2011
- Tevez taunts Neville as Man City knocks Man U over - Jan 20, 2010
- Scholes returns to Manchester United - Jan 09, 2012
- City go top after beating United - May 01, 2012
- Giggs to discuss future with Manchester United - Dec 24, 2011
- Sir Alex Ferguson sees 'Fergie Fledglings' in current Man U brigade - Dec 01, 2009
Tags: ageing, alex ferguson, bricks and mortar, carlos tevez, fergie, forward line, freight terminal, international freight, land grab, manchester international, manchester united, market priorities, paul scholes, remaining time, ryan giggs, sir alex ferguson, stadium capacity, top priority, vanguard, wayne rooney