Fergie, Tevez agent engage in war of words over his Man U futureMay 14th, 2009 - 1:57 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 14 (ANI): Manchester United coach Alex Ferguson was last night locked in a bitter war of words over Carlos Tevez’s future.
The on-loan striker came off the bench to score a dramatic equaliser as Manchester United grabbed a 2-1 win at Wigan to move within a point of their 18th top-flight crown.
Jubilant Fergie then claimed United had offered Tevez a permanent contract to stay at Old Trafford.
But Tevez is ‘owned’ by investment company MSI - and his agent Kia Joorabchian immediately insisted there had been no offer.Ferguson declared: “I have had a chat with Carlos and he knows I want him to stay. Our chief executive David Gill has also had a good meeting to progress things further. I hope we can get what we want, which has never changed. The thing is we are not negotiating with a football club. But he has been offered a good deal, which we hope he accepts.”
Seconds later, according to The Sun, Joorabchian responded by saying: “No offer of personal terms has been made. We had a chat with David Gill, but no offer was made.”MSI are demanding around 30 million pounds to sell Tevez to United, way beyond the club’s valuation.
The Argentinean has become increasingly frustrated at being left on the bench for big matches, even though he repeatedly scores critical goals - as he did at the JJB Stadium.
Yet he has won the hearts of United fans, who repeatedly chant ‘Fergie, Fergie, sign him up’. (ANI)
- Carlos Tevez most likely to move to Corinthians - Jul 12, 2011
- Ferguson says Tevez not worth 25 million pounds - Jul 21, 2009
- Tevez wants to leave City despite failure of Corinthians deal - Jul 21, 2011
- Tevez urges Man U to buy him back - Dec 20, 2010
- Tevez issues 'come and get him' plea to Man U rivals - May 10, 2009
- Man City owner convinces Tevez to stay - Dec 21, 2010
- Manchester City will force Tevez to stay at club: Report - Dec 14, 2010
- Man City fears summer exit of Tevez - Feb 19, 2011
- Tevez doesn't deserve 25 million pounds: Ferguson - Jul 21, 2009
- Tevez claims `old man' Fergie doesn't like me - May 16, 2009
- Tevez says he doesn't deserve Man U fans' booing - Dec 04, 2009
- Manchester City to complete signing of Tevez next week - Jul 11, 2009
- Manchester City not in 47-mn pounds deal for Tevez - Sep 12, 2009
- Man U's Tevez rejects Real Madrid's 40 million pound offer - May 15, 2009
- Carlos Tevez Leaving Man U, Manchester City favourites to bag him - Jun 20, 2009
Tags: 30 million, alex ferguson, argentinean, bitter war, carlos tevez, coach alex, critical goals, david gill, equaliser, football club, investment company, jjb stadium, kia joorabchian, manchester united, old trafford, personal terms, striker, top flight, war of words, wigan