Fergie flips as Ronaldo quizzed about Man U futureApril 7th, 2009 - 12:00 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr.7 (ANI): Manchester United coach-cum-manager Alex Ferguson flipped on Monday as his portuguese striker Cristiano Ronaldo was again quizzed about his future at the club.Ronaldo continues to be linked with a move to Real Madrid in the summer.
But despite that, both manager and player bristled at a press conference yesterday when Ronaldo was questioned about whether he will go.
Fergie: “How many times have we had that question, how many times have we had that question?” Ronaldo: “Always this question.”
Fergie: “I know, it’s pathetic.”
The Sun quoted Ronaldo, as saying: “I’m happy at this club. I think this is the right club for me.”
Ferguson added: “He will tell you himself that he is at the right club. He knows that. He has settled down, his form is returning and he is looking like he will score all the time. He could have had four goals on Sunday.”
Back on the pitch, United’s draw with Porto was seen as the easiest in the quarter-finals and Ronaldo is confident of progress.
Like Ferguson, Ronaldo believes Sunday’s last-gasp 3-2 win over Aston Villa will have sent shock waves through their rivals.
Ronaldo said: “Man United is a massive club and the result and game showed everybody. We were losing 2-1 after 80 minutes but within 10 minutes we had turned it around.
“When we have a bad game we have to show people what we can do. And we know we are capable of doing it.” (ANI)
- Euro 2012: Portugal beating Denmark a 'just' result, says coach - Jun 14, 2012
- Euro 2012: Coach Olsen laments 'unlucky' Danes - Jun 14, 2012
- Ronaldo hopes to end his career at Madrid - Sep 07, 2011
- Nani attributes his rebirth to Fergie - Jan 30, 2010
- Rooney will prove his worth very soon: Ronaldo - Oct 29, 2010
- Fergie looking to land three top summer transfers - Mar 30, 2011
- Man U lack 'Cristiano Ronaldo' factor: Ferguson - Apr 29, 2011
- Fergie admits that his Euro gamble has backfired - Apr 08, 2009
- 'There is nothing wrong with losing your temper,' says Fergie - Nov 18, 2010
- Fergie says Rio Ferdinand will not be Man U captain - Sep 18, 2010
- Only Ronaldo can save Man U, feels Fergie - Apr 15, 2009
- Ronaldo urges Mourinho not to leave Real Madrid - Apr 16, 2011
- Walcott surprised by his own Roanldo dip - Jun 16, 2012
- Ferguson backs Man U's 'collective unit' to overcome 'Ronaldo' factor - Apr 30, 2011
- Bullish Fergie not expecting Man U to capitulate to A C Milan - Feb 16, 2010
Tags: alex ferguson, bad game, coach, last gasp, london, man united, manager alex ferguson, manchester united, massive club, pitch, porto, quarter finals, quizzed, real madrid, rivals, ronaldo, shock waves, striker, sun