Ferdinand’s return to boost Man U’s treble title chargeApril 1st, 2011 - 2:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 1 (ANI): Manchester United’s treble title charge is all set to get a massive lift with sensational return of ace defender Rio Ferdinand back into action.
Ferdinand has not played since hurting a calf in the warm-up at Wolves in February and was expected to miss the rest of this season, but could now return against Fulham next Saturday.
He has been working in the gym with United physios this week and has come through with no ill-effects, The Sun reports.
And if the Old Trafford star has no reaction when he steps up his training over this weekend, he will come into contention.
Wednesday’s Champions League quarterfinal at Chelsea will be too soon for the England centre- back, who has played only 20 club games this term.
Ferdinand, 32, could return against Fulham in the league and be ready for the European second leg with Chelsea and the all-Manchester FA Cup semi. (ANI)
- Fergie confident about Man U delivering against Olympique Marseille - Feb 23, 2011
- Fulham manager Hughes backs Man U for treble - Apr 10, 2011
- Luis Suarez charged by FA for racial abuse - Nov 17, 2011
- Valencia can be key in reviving Man U's treble bid - Mar 11, 2011
- Rooney is gunning for Chelsea: Hernandez - Apr 06, 2011
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- 'Unfancied' Wigan can halt Chelsea's title charge: Ferdinand - May 07, 2010
- Last-minute thrillers render Chelsea win, Arsenal loss - Jan 03, 2012
- Knee injury sidelines Phil Jones for up to eight weeks - Sep 09, 2012
- Scholes returns to Manchester United - Jan 09, 2012
- Manchester United defender Evans sidelined for two weeks - Dec 27, 2011
- Back injury may keep Ferdinand out for up to eight weeks - Nov 01, 2009
- Man U will snatch back Premier League title from Chelsea this season: Ferdinand - Sep 14, 2010
- Capello leaves out Rio, Crouch from England squad - Aug 29, 2011
- Ferdinand fears England career finished - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: ace, champions league, chelsea, club games, contention, england, fa cup, fulham, ill effects, london, manchester united, old trafford, quarterfinal, rio ferdinand, sensational return, sun reports, treble, wolves