Fedex shows he has a temper with racquet bashApril 4th, 2009 - 3:10 pm ICT by ANI
Miami (US), Apr.4 (ANI): Swiss tennis player Roger Federer was reduced to a rare bout of racquet-bashing as he was toppled in the semi-finals of the Miami ATP Masters 1000 by Serbian Novak Djokovic.
Djokovic, ranked number three in the world, beat the world number two 3-6 6-2 6-3 in one hour and 46 minutes.
Federer, the 13-time Grand Slam champion who is in search of his first title of 2009, comfortably won the first set as Djokovic found his feet, but could find no answers after that - finishing with 35 unforced errors.
“Novak played bad at the beginning, and I finished worse than him,’ said Federer, who lost seven straight games bridging the second and third sets.
According to the Daily Telegraph, the Swiss had surrendered his serve just once in the tournament and contributed to a rare glimpse of temper from the normally restrained Swiss, who broke a racquet after yet another forehand miss in the third game of the final set. (ANI)
- Ferrer thrashes Djokovic to reach semis at ATP final - Nov 24, 2011
- Djokovic wins Rogers Cup, eyes US Open - Aug 13, 2012
- Federer adds more records on way to London final - Nov 27, 2011
- Federer clinches 70th career title at ATP Finals - Nov 28, 2011
- Nadal overpowers Federer to reach Australian Open final - Jan 26, 2012
- Indian Wells: Federer thrashes Nadal, Isner shocks Djokovic - Mar 18, 2012
- Federer to take on Tsonga in Paris final - Nov 13, 2011
- Federer claims fourth Indian Wells title - Mar 19, 2012
- Djokovic outlasts Federer to set US Open final against Nadal - Sep 12, 2010
- Federer erases doubts with battling win over Berdych - Aug 14, 2010
- US Open: Wozniacki rallies; Federer, Williams cruise to quarters - Sep 06, 2011
- US Open: Djokovic to face Ferrer in semis - Sep 07, 2012
- Murray storms into US Open final - Sep 09, 2012
- Roundup: Berdych stuns Federer out of US Open - Sep 06, 2012
- Djokovic reaches Wimbledon final, claims No.1 ranking - Jul 02, 2011
Tags: atp, daily telegraph, fedex, forehand, grand slam champion, masters, novak djokovic, rare glimpse, roger federer, semi finals, straight games, swiss tennis, temper, tennis player, third game, unforced errors