FC Twente striker De Jong suffers ankle injuryMarch 23rd, 2012 - 6:54 pm ICT by IANS
The Hague, March 23 (IANS) FC Twente striker Luuk de Jong injured his ankle against De Graafschap in the Dutch Eredivisie, and after examining it in the hospital he will certainly miss the away match against ADO Den Haag next Saturday.
De Jong was taken to the hospital Thursday where doctors said it was unclear how long he would be sidelined for. After the swelling of the ankle has decreased, a definite diagnosis can be made in the forthcoming days, Xinhua reported.
De Jong injured his ankle in the second half against De Graafschap and was substituted afterwards. Twente won the league match in Doetinchem 2-1.
The striker will be sorely missed by his side as he has scored 20 goals in 26 matches this season.
- Twente crush PSV as AZ move back on top in Dutch football - Mar 05, 2012
- Ajax close in on Dutch title - Apr 23, 2012
- Monchengladbach signs De Jong from Twente - Jul 18, 2012
- PSV extend lead after win over Feyenoord - Feb 27, 2012
- Dutch league match suspended due to dense fog - Nov 21, 2011
- Ajax move closer to Dutch title - Apr 16, 2012
- Monchengladbach sign Dutch striker Luuk de Jong - Jul 19, 2012
- Boerrigter new face in Dutch squad, Babel makes comeback - Nov 04, 2011
- Van Marwijk drops Maduro, Emanuelson in Dutch Euro 2012 squad - May 16, 2012
- Pieters to miss Euro 2012 due to foot injury - May 08, 2012
- Uncapped Narsingh and John in Dutch squad against England - Feb 24, 2012
- Van Marwijk includes uncapped Willems, Narsingh in Euro 2012 squad - May 27, 2012
- Ajax title party delayed despite win over FC Twente - Apr 30, 2012
- Dutch have no worries upfront, but defence vulnerable - Jun 02, 2012
- Dutch football league title becomes two-team race - Mar 26, 2012