Fans right to boo Chelsea: ScolariDecember 15th, 2008 - 5:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec.15 (ANI): Luiz Felipe Scolari has said that Chelseas fans were right to boo their side off the pitch after Sundays 1-1 draw with West Ham United.
Nicolas Anelkas 100th Premier League goal earned the home side a point after Craig Bellamy had put West Ham ahead, but Chelsea missed a great opportunity to return to the top of the table and remain one point behind Liverpool, the leaders.
Chelseas stuttering form is in danger of undermining their title challenge, which is being kept alive by a 100 per cent record away from home.
Scolaris side have dropped 14 points at home this season and have won only one of their past five league matches at Stamford Bridge, much to the managers annoyance.
If I think about the competition and the games that we lost and the points we lost here, I agree with the fans, Scolari said.
But they need to understand the players try to do their best every time. They dont want to draw, they dont want to lose, but sometimes we dont have the quality to win, he added. (ANI)
- Liverpool, City secure Carling Cup semifinal berths - Nov 30, 2011
- Chelsea's title hopes suffer another blow - Feb 08, 2009
- Chelsea frustrated by West Ham (Roundup) - Dec 15, 2008
- Manchester United stay in hunt as Chelsea suffer setback - Dec 27, 2011
- Title race wide open as leaders Chelsea humbled by Man City - Feb 28, 2010
- Liverpool, Chelsea under FA scanner for object thrown at Torres - Feb 08, 2011
- Chelsea thrash Blackburn to go back to top - Oct 25, 2009
- Beaten Liverpool off the top - Nov 02, 2008
- Ancelotti says Torres will have 'fantastic future' at Chelsea - Apr 24, 2011
- City dumped, Chelsea held in day of FA Cup shocks (Roundup) - Jan 04, 2009
- Chelsea aims to finally win Champions League this season: Anelka - Aug 07, 2010
- It's do or die for Liverpool - Feb 27, 2009
- Torres relieved after ending three-month goal drought - Apr 24, 2011
- Torres refuses to give up Chelsea's Premier League title hopes - Feb 08, 2011
- Deco backs Scolari, confident Chelsea will be league champions - Jan 01, 2009