Fans Looking Forward To Saturday Night Game Of Philip Rivers Against Tony RomoAugust 21st, 2010 - 8:57 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Aug 21, (THAINDIAN NEWS) As the San Diego Chargers meet the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday night preseason exhibition game, all eyes would be set on Philip Rivers and Tony Romo. Both the quarterbacks have come up with some great play in recent past and with the Fantasy football fever on, football fanatics are looking forward to the Saturday night fight between the two teams. However, although fans would like to see Tony Romo against Philip Rivers, there are chances that Tony Romo might not be seen on field.
The offensive line of the Dallas Cowboys has seen some injuries in the recent past. On Friday night after the practice session, the Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said to media sources that he wants his first-team units to play nearly the entire first half of the season. He added, however, that some players could be made to take some rest as well. Although many felt that Tony Romo can be one such player, the coach suggested that Tony Romo would be doing fine playing in the offensive line of the team. He maintained that Tony Romo needs to get ready for the play and does not need to sit out for the whole preseason. Wade Phillips maintained that the management will come up with things that will help them to protect the players from injuries.
Although the condition of San Diego Chargers is similar to that of the Dallas Cowboys, the team is riding high on Philip Rivers who went for 4-of-6 passes for 62 yards, including a 28-yard touchdown against Chicago Bears. However, it is only after Saturday night play that fans can judge Tony Romo against Philip Rivers.
- Dallas Cowboys Prevail Over Cincinnati Bengals In First Pre-Season Game - Aug 09, 2010
- Philip Rivers' Stupendous Performance Steers San Diego Chargers To Victory - Nov 23, 2010
- Washington Redskins Post 13-7 Victory Over Dallas Cowboys - Sep 13, 2010
- Quarterback Philip Rivers Proves His Mettle With Two Touchdowns And 298 Yards Throw - Sep 14, 2010
- Wade Phillips' Job Might Be At Stake - Nov 08, 2010
- Wade Phillips Fired By Jery Jones - Nov 09, 2010
- Kansas City Chiefs Pulls Off 21-14 Win Over San Diego Chargers - Sep 14, 2010
- Tony Romo's Injury Not Serious - Sep 16, 2009
- Dallas Cowboys Quarterback Tony Romo Fractures Collarbone Against New York Giants - Oct 26, 2010
- Philip Rivers Vs. Tony Romo : Who Will Be The Best Fantasy Football Leader? - Aug 21, 2010
- Alex Barron's Penalty Cost Dallas Cowboys Heavily - Sep 13, 2010
- Candice Crawford Engaged To Her Dream Cowboy? - Dec 17, 2010
- Cincinnati Bengals Quarterback Jordan Palmer Fails To Impress - Aug 09, 2010
- Cowboys Kicker Nick Folk Likely To Be Dismissed After Missing Goal Attempt Against Saints - Dec 20, 2009
- Cowboys Defeat Eagles To Register First Victory In Decades - Jan 10, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,