Fan Jake Olson Inspires His Favorite Team USC TrojanDecember 27th, 2009 - 8:18 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec.27, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It was surely a dream come true for 12 year old Jake Olson when he meet his favorite University of Southern California Trojan football team and got the opportunity to spent time with all its player. However, the occasion was also special for the USC Trojan team as the young boy was not just another fan who desperately wanted to rub shoulders with his sports idols. Jake Olson has been fighting cancer since he was a year old and had already lost one of his eyes to the deadly disease. Unfortunately, the cancer struck again and the young boy was about to completely lose his eyesight. The last thing that he hoped to witness was his favorite team USC Trojan in action.
Jake Olson was diagnosed with the condition retinoblastoma when cancerous cells developed in his retina, just as he turned a year old. Since then, he had to encounter seven bouts of cancer but managed to defeat the disease each time. However, when cancer returned this time, doctors made it very clear that the young boy would have to lose his right eye, as a surgery became imperative to counter the disease.
Meanwhile, when the USC Trojan coach, Pete Carroll came to know about the brave young boy, he made sure that the hardcore fan got the opportunity to attend the team’s practice sessions and games. Moreover, the boy met his favorite player Kris O’Dowd and developed a special bond with the Trojan’s center, who also visited him the day he went for the surgery. The young boy, with his immense courage, has became a source of inspiration for the team.
- USC Trojans Fails To Recruit De'Anthony Thomas - Feb 03, 2011
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish Marrs USC Trojans' Dreams - Nov 28, 2010
- Pete Carroll Returns To The Ohio Stadium - Sep 14, 2009
- Lane Kiffin Leaves Tennessee For USC Trojans - Jan 13, 2010
- Mitch Mustain Arrested On Suspicion For Selling Drugs - Feb 03, 2011
- Scientists identify possible new heritable marker for retinoblastoma - Jan 27, 2010
- Pete Carroll "Fired Up" While Addressing His New Supporters - Jan 17, 2010
- Charlie Weis Apologizes For Pete Carroll Grad Student Story - Dec 07, 2009
- Dillon Baxter: The Upcoming Football Star - Apr 14, 2010
- Blind man's sight restored after 55 years - Jun 18, 2011
- Kristen Wiig lands new comedy role - Mar 01, 2012
- Matt Leinart vs. Vince Young: Face-off in the NFL - Aug 23, 2010
- "Lil' Romeo" Percy Miller Quits USC - May 22, 2010
- Keith Richards underwent eye surgery - Jan 09, 2012
- Charlie Sheen's Raunchy Pal Bree Olson Arrested For Alleged DUI - Feb 06, 2011
Tags: bouts, cancerous cells, coach pete carroll, deadly disease, eyesight, favorite team, gina gomez, hardcore fan, immense courage, jake olson, lost one, o dowd, practice sessions, retina, retinoblastoma, s center, time doctors, trojan football team, university of southern california, usc trojan