Fabregas’ hamstring is in head: WengerDecember 27th, 2010 - 4:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 27 (ANI): Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has said that skipper Cesc Fabregas is not right in his head after a nightmare year wrecked by injuries.
The Arsenal skipper, who will make his first start in 31 days against Chelsea tonight, has suffered no fewer than eight injuries in the last 12 months.
A staggering five of them have been on his long-suffering hamstring and Gunners chief Wenger admitted all those setbacks have left Fabregas worrying constantly of breaking down, The Sun reports.
“Yes, he is sharp again now because he has two more weeks of practice behind him. In the last two or three days he has looked sharp. It is more a restriction he has. When he comes on, his hamstring is in his head. So we have to move the hamstring out of his head,” Wenger said.
“That comes with practising every day. Physically I think he is ready. At the moment in winter one of the disadvantages, when it is so cold, for the guy who comes on with 25 minutes to go is that it’s not easy to get into the flow of the game,” he said.
“He had as well a little bit of a mental problem - but now it looks to have gone. It is hard to overcome if you have a recurrence of injuries. You only get rid of it completely by reassurance,” Wenger said.
Arsenal is banking on good display from Fabregas as they are desperate for the points that would give a huge boost to their title bid. (ANI)
- Fabregas expected to play against Barcelona - Mar 07, 2011
- Injured Fabregas pulling out all stops to play in Sunday's Carling Cup final - Feb 25, 2011
- No rift between Fabregas, Denilson says coach Wenger - Jan 20, 2011
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- Arsenal ready to sell skipper Fabregas for 35-mn pounds - Apr 27, 2011
- Gunners, Barca in bitter bust up over footie wonderkid Toral - Feb 22, 2011
- Arsenal to risk playing Fabregas to keep Euro dream alive - Mar 08, 2010
- Lifting Carling Cup would end doubts about Arsenal, says Wenger - Feb 26, 2011
- Arsenal players lack winning mentality: Fabregas - Oct 15, 2010
- Kroenke in fight to keep Cesc - Apr 15, 2011
- Fabregas hints at staying at Arsenal - Feb 18, 2011
- I could write a book about the summer: Wenger - Sep 10, 2011
- Arsenal has no plans to part with Fabregas, Wilshere: Wenger - Apr 24, 2011
- Arsenal's key players seem to be cracking up: Petit - Mar 14, 2011
- Fabregas not leaving Arsenal this season: Wilson - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,