Fabregas denies problems with new Barca coachSeptember 5th, 2012 - 2:29 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, Sep 5 (IANS) FC Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has ruled out any hint of problems with new coach Tito Vilanova.
Although he has started his side’s three BBVA Primera Liga matches this season, Fabregas, who joined Barca from Arsenal a season ago, was substitute in his side’s two Spanish Super Cup matches against Real Madrid, reports Xinhua.
TV cameras captured him with a discontented look on his face in the Barca dugout while the fact he was substituted during Barca’s 1-0 win over Valencia Sunday has provoked speculation that Fabregas doesn’t fit into the tactics of Vilanova, which are slightly more direct that his predecessor Pep Guardiola, and that relations between player and coach are not good.
Cesc Tuesday denied that he disagreed with Vilanova while admitting he didn’t enjoy being on the bench.
“There isn’t a good substitute in the world of football. I can’t say that I am a great substitute, as I like to play,” said Fabregas, who denied this made him a poor dressing room companion.
“I wish all my companions luck, put on a brave face and if I have to look downcast, I do it in my own home. I am not going to do it in front of my teammates and coach.
“I am delighted to be part of this club and if I am not playing, I will work, work and work until things change. I have come to Barcelona to try and retire here,” he continued.
“The coach knows what I can do. I have always said I am in the best team in the world and I have come here to compete, to learn and to enjoy, not to worry about things all the time,” said the Spaniard adding that physically he had never felt in better shape.
- Questions to answer as Barca entertain Valencia - Sep 01, 2012
- Questions to answer as Barcelona entertain Valencia - Sep 01, 2012
- Guardiola quits Barca, deputy Tito to take over (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Guardiola humbled by praise from colleagues - May 01, 2012
- Jose Mourinho extends contract with Real Madrid - May 22, 2012
- Guardiola refuses to give up on La Liga title - Jan 29, 2012
- Guardiola prepares for last league game as Barca coach - May 11, 2012
- Guardiola to take sabbatical from football - Apr 27, 2012
- Stiff sanctions for Coentrao and Vilanova - Aug 30, 2012
- Another injury setback for Barca as Fabregas tears a muscle - Oct 02, 2011
- Not giving up Primera Liga title: Guardiiola - Jan 30, 2012
- Real Madrid need Supercup win to boost morale - Aug 28, 2012
- Advantage Barca ahead of Copa del Rey return leg - Jan 24, 2012
- Guardiola: I don't think Barca can win the League - Feb 27, 2012
- Guardiola to quit at the end of season - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: barca, bbva, bench, brave face, cesc fabregas, companions, dressing room, dugout, fc barcelona, midfielder, pep guardiola, predecessor, primera liga, spaniard, speculation, teammates, tito, tv cameras, world of football, xinhua