F1 season set for Abu Dhabi finaleNovember 14th, 2010 - 7:21 pm ICT by ANI
Abu Dhabi, Nov 14(ANI): The 2010 Formula One season is set for a finale in Abu Dhabi where a four-way title battle- between Fernando Alonso, Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber, and McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton- will be decided on Sunday.
Alonso leads the championship with 246 points, followed by Webber with 238 points, Vettel with 231 points and Hamilton on 222 points.
Vettel fired the opening shot by seizing pole position on a tricky Yas Marina Circuit on Saturday, the BBC reports.
The German had the quickest lap of 1:39.394 seconds, while Hamilton, who has an outside chance at a second title, was second quickest with a time of 1:39.425 seconds.
Alonso was third as he logged a time of 1:39.792 seconds, while his closest contender Webber had a disappointing fifth finish with a time of 1:39.925 seconds.
Vettel had won the inaugural Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in 2009, heading a Red Bull 1-2 with Webber.
Alonso had finished 14th in his final race for Renault and Hamilton had retired with brake failure mid-race.
Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton and Webber can win the title in the final race, making for the closest finish to a season in F1 history. (ANI)
- Hamilton eyes victories in Abu Dhabi, Brazil - Nov 06, 2011
- New venues invariably slotted at end - Oct 25, 2011
- Webber secures elusive win in Brazil, Force India end season on a high - Nov 28, 2011
- Hamilton still chasing 'impossible dream' of winning F1 championship - Nov 09, 2010
- Vettel not giving up yet on F1 championship title chance - Oct 28, 2010
- Hamilton feeling 'phenomenal' after Montreal win - Jun 12, 2012
- Vettel equals pole record in Abu Dhabi, Force India secure top-10 finish - Nov 12, 2011
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- German GP: Alonso cruises to season's third win - Jul 22, 2012
- Hamilton wins Chinese Grand Prix to end Vettel's winning streak - Apr 17, 2011
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, both Force Indias in top-10 - Nov 13, 2011
- Red Bull's Vettel wins European Grand Prix - Jun 27, 2010
- Button backs Vettel to succeed him as F1's new king - Oct 12, 2010
- Vettel wins Bahrain GP, Force India's Di Resta finishes sixth - Apr 23, 2012
- Vettel edges Hamilton for Malaysian Grand Prix pole - Apr 09, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, alonso hamilton, bbc, brake failure, contender, fernando alonso, finale, formula one, grand prix, lewis hamilton, mark webber, mclaren, pole position, red bull, renault, s lewis, sebastian vettel, yas