Ex-NBA Player Lorenzen Wright’s Dead Body FoundJuly 29th, 2010 - 7:22 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
July 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Lorenzen Wright, 34, who had been missing since last week has been found dead. The law enforcement officials found his dead body yesterday in a wooded area in Southeast Memphis. The police says that the veteran player has been pitilessly shot multiple times which eventually led to his death. Lorenzen Wright’s uncle Curtis Wright confirmed the news officially to the media. Memphis police is investigating the matter and it is expected that they will be able to trace the murderer soon.
The former Memphis Grizzlies’ player Lorenzen Wright has been missing since last week and his family appealed for his comeback by filing a missing person report on July 22. The Memphis police is investigating a 911 hangup call from Lorenzen Wright’s cellphone on Monday morning. The police issued a report yesterday where it was said that Lorenzen Wright could have been a victim of foul play as the police suspects that he was carrying money while leaving his ex-wife’s home in the nearby Memphis suburb of Collierville. However, Sherra Robinson Wright, Lorenzen Wright’s ex-wife could not provide any specific detail about that night to the police.
The Memphis police called Lorenzen Wright’s father Herb Wright yesterday afternoon and with the news that his son had died. The news came as a shock to the former University of Memphis Star’s family, friends and his fans. Michael Heisley, the Memphis Grizzlies majority owner issued a statement on behalf of the team which said that the team was deeply saddened by the tragic death of the veteran player. The statement also said that the ex-NBA player delighted fans on court with his “passion” and off the court with his “generosity” in Memphis community that watched the No. 7 overall pick in the 1996 NBA draft player grow throughout his playing career.
- Hundreds Of Fans Attend Lorenzen Wright's Funeral Service - Aug 05, 2010
- Lorenzen Wright Reported Missing - Jul 24, 2010
- O.J. Mayo Suspended After Testing Positive For DHEA - Jan 28, 2011
- NBA Free Agency: Rudy Gay Goes To Memphis Grizzlies At $80 million - Jul 02, 2010
- Memphis again sign Haddadi - Jan 01, 2012
- Timberlake to buy stake in basketball team? - Sep 09, 2012
- Raptors begin busy March with loss to Grizzlies - Mar 03, 2012
- Fire Alarm Breaks Out In FedEx Forum, Delayed Game - Jan 13, 2010
- Former NBA Star Scottie Pippen's Wife Larsa Pippen To Star In "The Real Housewives of Miami" - Feb 04, 2011
- Chinese man held for killing five people - Apr 16, 2012
- Derek Fischer Leads Los Angeles Lakers To Victory - Nov 10, 2009
- Keith Bogans Joins Chicago Bulls? - Aug 07, 2010
- NBA 2K12 to be available on PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii & PC - Oct 05, 2011
- Morgan Freeman and Myrna Colley-Lee Finalize Divorce - Sep 20, 2010
- British rapist jailed after 26 years - Jan 29, 2012
Tags: 1996 nba draft, collierville, curtis wright, foul play, gina gomez, hangup, herb wright, law enforcement officials, lorenzen wright, majority owner, memphis community, memphis grizzlies, memphis police, michael heisley, nba player, person report, tragic death, uncle curtis, university of memphis, veteran player