Ex-nanny says sorry to Beckhams for breaching confidentialityJune 17th, 2009 - 12:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 17 (ANI): The Beckhams have received an apology from their former nanny, who disclosed private and confidential information about the star family to a British newspaper in an interview.
Abbie Gibson “unconditionally apologised to David and Victoria Beckham and their family for breaching her duties of confidence” after facing court proceedings following the publication of the article in April 2005.
Gibson, who worked for the pair between May 2003 and March 2005, gave the interview to News of the World after submitting her resignation, reports The BBC.
Beckhams’ lawyer Gerrard Tyrrell said Gibson “now accepts that she should not have breached her duties of confidence to David and Victoria Beckham and their children by speaking to the News of the World”.
He added: “Ms Gibson has also agreed to the withdrawal of her claim for constructive dismissal that she made against the claimants which was issued in the Employment Tribunal in August 2005.”
Tyrrell further revealed that Gibson had clarified that she was not bombarded with insulting and threatening telephone calls from the soccer ace as falsely reported in an article published by The People newspaper.
He added: “The People have already publicly apologised for making this false and defamatory claim and have paid damages to David Beckham.
“Ms Gibson is happy to confirm that David Beckham did not at any stage make any such telephone calls to her. She apologises if anything she said to The People gave them a false impression that such calls had been made.” (ANI)
- Eva Longoria to be godmother of Beckham baby - Jun 15, 2011
- Lily Allen wins payout over Beckham and Cole rant story - Oct 14, 2009
- Lily Allen wins damages over Beckhams, Cole story - Oct 08, 2010
- Becks wages legal war against hooker's threesome claims - Sep 23, 2010
- Gazza's ex-wife accepts five-figure payout from newspaper - May 08, 2010
- Victoria Beckham to give birth soon - Jul 05, 2011
- Beckham counter-sued by sex worker - Feb 20, 2011
- Victoria wants to name her daughter Santa - Apr 12, 2011
- Victoria Beckham wants daughter to grow like princess - Jul 14, 2011
- Maran demands Rs.10 crore damages from paper - Jun 03, 2011
- Victoria Beckham not planning to avail maternity leave - Jun 11, 2011
- Victoria dedicates Olympic performance to family - Aug 16, 2012
- Beckhams welcome baby girl - Jul 11, 2011
- UK school's ex-pupils call Beckhams 'working class' - Apr 06, 2011
- Victoria's kids inspire her every day - Dec 06, 2011
Tags: abbie gibson, apology, claimants, confidential information, confidentiality, constructive dismissal, court proceedings, damages, david and victoria beckham, david beckham, employment tribunal, false impression, gerrard, nanny, news of the world, resignation, star family, telephone calls, tyrrell, victoria beckham