Ex-ICC chief Ehsan Mani lashes out at PCB for ignoring Sri Lankan team attack caseJuly 4th, 2010 - 5:05 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, July 4 (ANI): Former International Cricket Council (ICC) president Ehsan Mani has lashed out at the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for failing to submit a detail report on the terror strike on visiting Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore last year.
Mani said that the PCB is itself to be blamed for international cricket team’s refusal to tour the troubled nation, and that there is no hope that teams would visit Pakistan in the near future.
“The PCB has not sent any report on the attack on the Sri Lankan team as yet to the ICC even though I know for a fact that the ICC has asked the PCB to send a report a few times,” The Daily Times quoted Mani, as saying.
“Until the PCB sends this report to the ICC, I don’t see international cricket returning to Pakistan with the support of the ICC and its member countries,” he added.
During its executive committee meeting earlier this week, the ICC didn’t allot any of its international events to Pakistan in the calendar announced until 2015 though other Asian cricket playing nation India, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh would host important tournaments, including the 2011 World Cup.
Mani stressed that the PCB must take the ICC and all the member countries into its confidence and share the report of the terror attack if it wants to revive international cricket in the country.
The Pakistan government has so far not taken any action against some of the senior police officials, who were blamed for negligence and security lapses by a judicial inquiry tribunal that probed the incident. (ANI)
- PCB seeks Govt. approval to submit report over 2009 Sri Lankan team terror attack - Jul 28, 2010
- Mani slams PCB over lack of effort to restore international matches in Pak - Jul 26, 2010
- Impossible for PCB working under Butt to restore international matches: Mani - Aug 12, 2010
- Ashraf confident Pakistan will host visitors in 2012 - Nov 29, 2011
- Pakistan hopes to lure cricket teams with foolproof security - Dec 10, 2011
- PCB out to prove it can provide fool-proof security - Sep 27, 2011
- PCB finally furnishes Lahore attack report to ICC after 18 months - Aug 17, 2010
- Pakistan builds new stadiums to draw international cricket - May 09, 2012
- Pakistan tour: Bangladesh Cricket Board satisfied with security - Mar 05, 2012
- Brearley, Chappell ICC's ambassadors to help Pak cricket - Jul 17, 2010
- Pak Sports Ministry says no request by PCB to clear Sri Lankan team terror attack report - Jul 31, 2010
- Bangladesh will tour Pakistan: ICC - Apr 15, 2012
- Pakistan mooting China as neutral venue for cricket - Dec 03, 2010
- PCB to receive 400,000 dollars for each World Cup match moved from Pakistan - Feb 04, 2011
- 'Spot-fixing' scam diverted attention from possible 'home games': Butt - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,