Ex-England football star Gazza put on suicide watchFebruary 22nd, 2008 - 12:50 pm ICT by admin
London, Feb.22 (ANI): Former England football star Paul Gascoigne, who is popularly known as Gazza has been put on suicide watch to the dismay of his many fans.
According to The Sun, the whole country is upset by this news, as everyone warmed to him because they could see he was a genuine lad who desperately wanted to please.
One fan described him as one of the most generous and warm-hearted people I have ever met in football and maybe that has contributed to his problems. He has struggled to come to terms with the end of his playing career.
Former team mate Ian Wright described Gazza as an England sporting hero and its so sad to see him end up this way.
I dont know how he has ended up in this position it just seems to me that hes not heard the word No too many times in his life. When we were playing together I looked forward to training with him. Gazza was the most gifted player of his generation, he said.
Its a shame the FA could not have taken him under their wing. They should give him a job warning other young players about the pitfalls he faced. The FA are not responsible for Gazzas problems but it could help everyone if they gave him a job, he added.
Professor Roger Williams, a surgeon who dealt with another former England player George Best, said: This is sad news and I wish Paul Gascoigne well as he is treated. To be sectioned is quite a major thing and I really hope he gets better. (ANI)
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Manager Hoddle was right to axe me from France 98: Gazza - Aug 23, 2010
- Tipsy Gazza claims he use to provide criminal Moat with lager and chicken - Jul 10, 2010
- Gazza feels gutted about criminal Moat's death - Jul 12, 2010
- Gazza wants to change his name to 'Gassa' - Aug 29, 2012
- Facing jail time for drunk driving, Gazza now wants to be an actor - Nov 10, 2010
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- 'I'm an alcoholic, I'm ill, but I'm not a bad person,' says Gazza - Aug 23, 2010
- Witness' failure to attend court delays Gazza 'drik-driving' care for 3rd time - Dec 14, 2010
- Gazza's eight-week jail sentence suspended by Newcastle court - Dec 10, 2010
- Stunned Gazza says that he has lost his second dad - Aug 01, 2009
- 'Wish I had passed away and met Sir Bobby upstairs', says Gascoigne - Jun 29, 2010
- England must not increase World Cup pressure on Rooney: Gazza - Nov 27, 2009
- Homeless Gazza appeals to footie's union to bail him out - Feb 17, 2010
- HobNob munching Gazza says cheating death in crash beat booze addiction - Aug 21, 2010
Tags: dismay, england football, england player, football star, former team, gazza, gifted player, hero, job, lad, london feb, paul gascoigne, pitfalls, roger williams, sad news, shame, suicide watch, sun, team mate