Ex-Army personnel protest against Sixth Pay Commission recommendationsJuly 6th, 2008 - 10:29 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi/ Amritsar, July 6 (ANI): Ex-Army personnel took out a protest march in New Delhi demanding a review of pay commission recommendations.
The protesters said they had taken out the protest march to bring to notice to the political leadership of the country the grave injustice done to the military personnel and that if their demands were not met the national security could be in jeopardy.
The report of the Sixth Pay Commission has caused harm to the present and ex-servicemen of the Army. So we want that these recommendations should not be accepted and should be reviewed, said Dayan, Retired Colonel.
After the recommendations were made public the ex-servicemen had put forth their case to the Government but didn’t get any response, forcing them to agitate.
Meanwhile in Amritsar city too, ex-servicemen of the Army took out a protest march to raise their voice for their cause.
We were discriminated against the Indian Administrative Services (I.A S) officers in the recommendations of the Sixth Pay Commission. So we the army people got together and decided to protest peacefully because in India only those who protest are heard. If our demands are not met, we will resort to other ways, said G.S. Sandhu, Retired Colonel.
The demands of ex-servicemen include one rank one pension, guaranteed government employment, formation of ex-service commission, representations of ex-servicemen in all the bodies where issues affecting the interests of ex-servicemen were considered.
The United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government has drawn flak from various quarters over the recommendations of the Sixth Pay Commission. (ANI)
- High-level panel formed to resolve defence pay disparity - Jul 13, 2012
- Retired defence personnel demand hike in pension - Jul 11, 2010
- Ex-soldiers protest 'government betrayal' - Mar 06, 2011
- Panel's report on defence pay anomalies on Wednesday - Aug 07, 2012
- (After 2)Mamata's patriotic song becomes swansong for ex-servicemen - Sep 18, 2011
- One-rank-one-pension not so soon: Antony - Aug 25, 2010
- Congress official urges ex-servicemen not to return medals - Mar 18, 2010
- After bribe revelations, Army chief talks about army welfare - Mar 31, 2012
- Advani vows to address retired soldiers' grievances (Lead) - Mar 19, 2009
- Government accepts recommendations on ex-servicemen's pension - Mar 10, 2010
- Provide more jobs to retired defence personnel: Antony - Jun 27, 2011
- Pension of major's widow raised from Rs.80 to Rs.18,000 (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Ex-servicemen hold protest, demand equal pension (Lead) - Mar 14, 2010
- Advani to hear grievances of retired soldiers - Mar 19, 2009
- Ex-servicemen to invigilate in Himachal school exams - Feb 25, 2012
Tags: amritsar, army personnel, colonel, commission recommendations, government employment, grave injustice, India, indian administrative services, jeopardy, military personnel, national security, New Delhi, political leadership, progressive alliance, protest march, protesters, quarters, rank one, representations, sandhu